8.00GB database file for MSN Messenger

GEN3RIC

OSNN Senior Addict
It is shown here. It is 8.00GB if I allow protected system f iles to be shown. The properties show it as roughly 1.0mb. Why is it telling me its 8.00GB if its not? It all has somethign to do withit being protected Im sure, since the folder shows nearly no disk usage with these files hidden. Maybe just some enlightenment? I am so tempted to delete crap like this... :laugh:
57635652.wth.jpg

oh gracious me~~ 8.00GB?

have u tried checking the file size thru command prompt? Might be more accurate

Nismo83 said:
oh gracious me~~ 8.00GB?

have u tried checking the file size thru command prompt? Might be more accurate
Well you can see right there, size on disk is only 1.06mb. I dont know why its claiming its 8.00gb, but I know how to make a 0kb text file turn into many GB's just by using cmd prompt, so I know its not actually taking up space, but its just confusing me a little..

just checked mine, says the same thing :)

What you're seeing there is a sparse file. I'm not sure what they're using it for (something to do with folder sharing, maybe?), but it's only taking up 1.06MB because the filesystem doesn't actually store all the null bytes.

More info about sparse files if you're curious: http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs-sparse.htm :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back