7900 GT Fried?

I'm pretty sure I have all the options that I did with XP, but I had to download and install the drivers from the NVIDIA site rather that use the native Vista ones.

Found this on the Nvidia site

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...mNoX3RleHQ9U0xJIGluIFZpc3Rh&p_li=&p_topview=1

So it should have the SLI settings.

Under view try the custom view setting a window will open up and you should have difference options as to what you can have showing. Check and see if the SLI box is check marked. Other than that you may need to do some digging on the Nvidia knowledge base.

Now this was interesting.

Question

My NVIDIA display properties is missing certain panels/options which I have seen on other PC's. How do I recover them?
Answer

Some OEM computers contain custom drivers which have certain panels in the NVIDIA display properties turned off. In most cases, you may expose these panels by downloading the "nopages.reg" registry key in the File Attachments section below and running the file. After you have run the file, it should show you additional panels inside of your NVIDIA display properties.

Link to "nopages.reg":
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...&p_tbl=9&p_id=13&p_created=1098308372&p_olh=0

More to read, not sure if it will help but...

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...HQ9U0xJIGNvbmZpZ3VyYXRpb24*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Last edited:
I looked all around for it in those settings its not there, and I loaded that "nopages.reg" and nothing changed.

Maybe I need a different version of the driver?

Hey does CoolBits work with Vista? I remember that using the CoolBits panel I could activate all the extra stuff. I upgraded my drivers on Sat. and I had a problem with the Overclocking thing, meaning that it wouldn't show up under the 3D settings where it was supposed to be. I don't remember what the hell it is I did to get it to show up and function again. Kinda like your SLI problem. Maybe try to reinstall the drivers and see if it clears up. Or go poking around in the NvTray (which is what I did) and just start digging in all the settings, maybe one will trigger the SLI thing.

It works in Vista and there is no extra stuff it is by far the best tweaker for your Video card

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back