7 fans and a 300watt power supply?

F

fimchick

I have 7 fans, plus my cpu fan, two cd-roms and two harddrives running on my 300watt power supply. Should I be worried/concerned about getting a more powerful PS or is the power sucked by the fans insignificant?

Thanks!

should be fine.. if you start adding more heavy duty hardware then you might consider upgrading but for now you should be fine...

300w should be okay. but just so you know, almost all fans have a power rating on them... either in watts or amps. amps x volts (12, in this case) = watts. so if your fan says "0.25A", it's using 3 watts. this way you can add up the power used by all yours fans and get an idea what % of your power is consumed by them.

but they are all using 12v power... and a power supply can only put out so much power for each voltage. you should check the label on your power supply and see how many amperes of 12 volt power it can put out.

7 Fans, you might just want to put a window air conditioner in there. Just kidding, a little spam.

Zoey I mock you for mocking him. He was 7 fans. I have 12.

And the PSU should suffice; although I suggest you consider an upgrade to an Antec Truepower PSU; 400 watt or above. You'll never have to worry :)

Originally posted by Nick M
Zoey I mock you for mocking him. He was 7 fans. I have 12.

And the PSU should suffice; although I suggest you consider an upgrade to an Antec Truepower PSU; 400 watt or above. You'll never have to worry :)

12 fans now thats "COOL" :cool:

It's a large room. The subwoofer is right next to the computer; and even though it's 1 am right now; it's still on. Heh both of them :)

If you're a hobo; wait a few years; ok; you can come. Or get your own fans :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back