6700 and other smart phone tips and tweaks

wififofum is not currently being developed any longer and is not on their website, I cannot find a single link online. Can anyone post the cab or exe? Thanks in advance!

get it here

and get it fst, I expect the link to go down here too, I xhecked the download link and it's working for now

my 1 year phone upgrade is on Aug9th. cant wait to get this phone. I'm with T-Mobile so I'll be getting the MDA. just curious. if i get the MDA, can i use Wifi or do i need to pay for it? I want to be able to use it at home, on my network. T-Mobile said I would have to pay $29.99 for it to be unlocked. Can i just flash my firmware with some custom firmware?

wi fi is just the ability to recieve the signal, it' not the actual isp or provider

for instance, if I set up wifi at my house but didn't have an internet service, you would get the wi fi signal, but there would be no content, just the signal...sort of like tuning in to a frequency on your radio that has no station using that frequency

someone needs to be piping some internet service through the wi fi for it to do anything for you

however, wherever there is a free hot spot, your phone should be able to use the internet...t mobile has pay for hot spots around the country and maybe as a subscriber they give you free access

the problem with some of the firmware on these 6700 phones is they disable the ability to use the phone as a cdma modem to go on the inrenet

if you have the ability to use the phone as a modem, wherever you have a phone signal you can get on line at the bandwidth your phone service provides

I kind of doubt t mobile allows this, I know sprint invites it, verizon turns a blind eye to it and usually encourage people to go on the internet to get the hacks

but as far as 802.11, wherever there is a broadcast you will be just as able to use that broadcast as you would if you had a laptop

ok. the tmobile rep is probably reading a script then. he said it needs to be 'turned on'. good to know its just there, or else i'd really be turned off to the idea of a new phone.

so out of the box you get: wifi, bluetooth, word/excel/blahblahblah...,

can you play your MP3s as ring tones?

also, for those interested....

http://www.free6700.info/ has something nice for ya.

ther's a wireless manager that will tell you what you have in firmware..you have the option to turn on and off wi fi and blue tooth...you'll need to do this sometimes whenyour batttery gets low.

you'll have to look for the cdma modem and that should be in the programs list...I know it can be installed on the verizon model, I don't know about yours, it's there by default on sprint

the cdma modem is key...anyhwhere you have a phone signal you can go on line, you can blue tooth it to your laptop or usb the tether...the usb gives you about double the bandwidth

Last edited:
are you talking about having a data plan also, or are you saying that you can jump online when there is phone signal and not get charged?

yes, but it depends on the plan you have

I have unlimited internet through my phone and the tether connects my computer to the phone...internet at about 700 kps anyhwere I have a signal and on sprint that translates into unlimited internet for free

it's pretty good, but I don't know which deals are avaiable on vrizon

hey guys, if you havn't installed magic button then do it

if you have installed it, uninstall and reinstall the latest version

the latest version puts a soft reset in the user interface and you don't have to use the hole at the bottom of the phone

to soft reset after you istalle the program just tap the little house icon hit more options and there is a reset button

also you'll see in that menu a "close all apps but current" button

cool
Itried Majic Button and can't seem to get it to work.It says it is installed ok but when I click on it nothing happens.My device ie PPC6700AL
it's new and I am also.What do I need.Thanks in advance.
Joark

hey guys, if you havn't installed magic button then do it

if you have installed it, uninstall and reinstall the latest version

the latest version puts a soft reset in the user interface and you don't have to use the hole at the bottom of the phone

to soft reset after you istalle the program just tap the little house icon hit more options and there is a reset button

also you'll see in that menu a "close all apps but current" button

cool
Thanks again It worked that time. Great forum
Joark

Hi Joark,

Within your messaging area, click on Menu -> Tools -> Options. That will give you the screen where you can press and hold on one of your accounts, and then select delete.

Be warned that any messages within those folders will also be lost, and system accounts (MMS, Text) can't be deleted.

Hi Joark,

Within your messaging area, click on Menu -> Tools -> Options. That will give you the screen where you can press and hold on one of your accounts, and then select delete.

Be warned that any messages within those folders will also be lost, and system accounts (MMS, Text) can't be deleted.
Thanks a million. I just got this thing a couple of days back and I'm learning.
I knew about the press and hold but my memory an't working real good.
Thanks again.
Joe

this is just TOO sweet

there used to be a program called smart dialing for the 6600 which for some reason wasn't included in the 6700

it's basically an auto complete for your phone, while you're dialing manually, options come up from your contacts list and numbers you've already dialed

I just got Sprint's PPC 6700 to replace my 2 Qwest versions and it now has this program pre-installed. Kinda nice.

I just got Sprint's PPC 6700 to replace my 2 Qwest versions and it now has this program pre-installed. Kinda nice.
ya, I had a replacement phone sent to me since I lost it in vegas

and there it is, auto complete on dialer

there is now also a preinstalled voice recognition for contacts...this is cool too

Last edited:
cute little trick here;

if you hit the button that changes the landscape by mistake you don't have to keep hitting the button to get it back to original position

just slide out the keyboard, close the keyboard and landscape is auto reset

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back