64 Boot Problem

64bit_junkie

OSNN One Post Wonder
I spent several hours yesterday trying to figure this one out.

AMD 64 3200+
1GB Corsair
ATI RAD 128 9800 PRO
SATA 120GB
A-bit KV8PRO 3rd-Eye

The system is great had Windows XP Pro on this system working perfectly. Then came along Windows x64 Pro now this was easy, install and away we go. Of course I had all the new 64 drivers for all my hardware.

There was not a single problem through the whole of the installation process and then bang. The dam thing just boots itself over and over.

The exact point of it doing this is when Windows usually pops up with the XP splash screen, or the white line across the bottom if you ever see that anymore.

If you could help people I would love you for all time!!

Andy

Nope, more fun than that.
The SATA drivers you are attempting to use are non correctly decorated.
The disk you inserted to manually add your SATA drivers was rubbish basically.
Put the attached files on a floppy:

Definatly suprising that VIA let this slide, but don' worry it sounds odd but I had exactly the same problem. The setup program can see the drivers, but the actual OS refuses to recognise the drivers and reboots.

You will need to start setup from scratch tho :(

Attachments

• DrvDisk.zip
    40.9 KB · Views: 48
my nforce3 system just booted :p didnt need axtra drives till Iinstall te chipset software inwindows :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back