64-bit Intel CPUs

vivid_vibe

OSNN Senior Addict
For those that are interested, the Intel CPUs supporting EM64T have arrived on the market. They can be seen currently on Newegg (and other online retailers, I'm sure).

3.2 Ghz

3.4 Ghz

3.6 Ghz

It is also worth nothing that the three chips sport 2MB of L2 cache and have XD Bit virus protection implemented.

I realize that most posters on OSNN are pro-AMD, but I thought I'd post this for the small segment of members and guests who may appreciate it.

vivid

nice post

vivid_vibe said:
For those that are interested, the Intel CPUs supporting EM64T have arrived on the market. They can be seen currently on Newegg (and other online retailers, I'm sure).

3.2 Ghz

3.4 Ghz

3.6 Ghz

It is also worth nothing that the three chips sport 2MB of L2 cache and have XD Bit virus protection implemented.

I realize that most posters on OSNN are pro-AMD, but I thought I'd post this for the small segment of members and guests who may appreciate it.

vivid

vivid_vibe said:

3.2 Ghz

3.4 Ghz

3.6 Ghz

vivid

nice :D

Let's keep the irrelevant AMD posts off this thread! Fact is both processors have their strengths - what is better is COMPETITION, yeah? :cool:

haha down with intel, i forgot who it was that alerted us that the intel processors will use amd technology, now no intel junkie can have the conversation by the horns, just tell them umm so if they are good ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm telll me again why they are using amd technology? hmm yeah amd is better :p woo hooo this will bring the prices down though so im happy!

themafia.69 said:
haha down with intel, i forgot who it was that alerted us that the intel processors will use amd technology, now no intel junkie can have the conversation by the horns, just tell them umm so if they are good ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm telll me again why they are using amd technology? hmm yeah amd is better :p woo hooo this will bring the prices down though so im happy!

Intel traded x86_64 for SSE or something like that if I remember correctly. So AMD is using Intel technology as well (not to mension x86 as a whole!). Fanboi. :p ;)

themafia.69 said:
haha down with intel, i forgot who it was that alerted us that the intel processors will use amd technology, now no intel junkie can have the conversation by the horns, just tell them umm so if they are good ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm telll me again why they are using amd technology? hmm yeah amd is better !

hmmm

hear no evil, see no evil, say no evil, BUY NO EVIL (intel) ;)

*Gags at the zealotry in this thread* :p
Looks like people can't have a discussion about Intel anymore without "AMD r0x0rZ!" popping up in every second post. It's like IE and Firefox all over again.

Zedric said:
Intel traded x86_64 for SSE or something like that if I remember correctly. So AMD is using Intel technology as well (not to mension x86 as a whole!). Fanboi. :p ;)
You're right. AMD recently added SSE3 instructions to the Opterons:
AMD has announced three new 64-bit Opteron processors for servers, boosting top speeds to 2.6 GHz and increasing HyperTransport bus performance to 1 GHz. The new models also incorporate the SSE3 software instructions Intel previously added to its chips that speed up multimedia operations such as encoding video.
http://www.betanews.com/article/AMD_Updates_Opteron_Adds_SSE3/1108405791

I belive AMD aquired SSE3 in exchange for giving Intel x86_64. AMD and Intel have been swapping IP for as long as AMD have existed. However it is true that AMD are currently making the better option at the moment.

I will still use Intel in servers however.

the only downside to the intel chips is that all there cash is in L2 and there is almost none in L1 or L3 on the new chips but these will be intresting when they come out as a normal chip in the retial places

canadian_divx said:
the only downside to the intel chips is that all there cash is in L2 and there is almost none in L1 or L3 on the new chips but these will be intresting when they come out as a normal chip in the retial places

As far as L1 cache, other than the Pentium M's, typically Intel chips only have between 12k - 28k anyway. As for L3 cache, you're not gonna find big numbers there, except maybe in Xeons. So how much of a problem do you think this poses? None, to me.

vivid

themafia.69 said:
hear no evil, see no evil, say no evil, BUY NO EVIL (intel) ;)
lol nice one, they should start putting that on intel boxes like the thing on marlboro packs "vini vici vena" of whatever that thhing says haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back