62c too high for AMD Duron 1gig?

Re-read my post, decided to explain what I meant by saying that Intel uses Burst technology...

Burst Technology is where you're brand new Northie 2.4 Ghz processor, you know, the one with the .013 micron process, actually only performs at whatever IT thinks it should for the given task, I guarantee you that, the "clock-down if over-heated" feature was put there as an explanation as WHY they use the burst technology.

Basically what I'm saying is, when you load Microsoft Word, you want it to be running at 2.4 Ghz for a nice, easy, fast load, but, it decided it only wanted to load it at 200 Mhz, so you have to wait a little while, but ok, you want to play Quake 3 or MoH:AA. Guess what? Your P4 most likely still isn't running at 2.4 Ghz like it's rated. No wonder if Durons run faster...they use 100% of their power whenever the computer is doing something that it will have an effect on, and yeah...you're Duron isn't gonna run at 100% to play an .mp3 file, but, you think it really takes all that processing power to play an .mp3? Now, you can play an .mp3 file, and play Red Faction at the same time!

That CPUICE program actually did lower my temps. My max load temp dropped 3 degrees. Not too shabby for running a program in the background.

Despite what P4 boy is crapping on about, AMD produce the far superior product when it comes to processors. Take a look at the P4-M screw up. Portable computing for max 1 hour with a P4-M. Oh sure, it "throttles down" to reduce heat... yet they had to completely redesign the hardware layout to allow for cooling.

If Intel didn't feel threatened by AMD, why would they complain about the AMD naming system? They are hypocritical themselves. They say they are selling a P4 2.4ghz, yet it runs at considerably slower than it should be.

You get a AMD, you are getting the performance that they actually say that they provide.

Quote by AMD Boy: "They say they are selling a P4 2.4ghz, yet it runs at considerably slower than it should be."

That's because it is waiting for all of the hardware and software to catch-up with it.

"Quad Pumped Processing"

None of the hardware or software I use has problems catching up with my AMD, nor anyone elses...

this is rather a pointless arguement don't you think?

Intel people love their product.....

AMD people love their product.......

They are both good products, so why argue about which one is the best? Does it really matter?

Let's all try to get along, no use fighting about silly things.

:D :D

No you don't understand man...

This isn't silly...it's just like the Chevy/Ford debate :D

lol

Whats with all this allegiance to companies? There is no such thing as a superior company just a superior product.

The AMD Duron most definately runs cooler than a P4 does. The P4 runs cooler than an Athlon. The Athlon runs hotter than them all.

Now you know how stupid the above comment is? How are you comparing these products? At what speed are you comparing them? Give specific speeds, specific room temps and specific core temps readings as well as how these readings are taken and then start comparing.

That 1g Duron should be running a little cooler than that.

Weshy.

Quote by (guess who?) C_ _tch23: " AGAIN, learn how to read. I said Pentium4s are going to put out more heat than Durons...not Intels put out more heat than AMDs..."

What a brain-dead statement...

Your temp is in fact on the high side. The thermistors that read cpu temp can be not always accurate. DOES YOUR COMPUTER WORK WELL??? If so the temp is high but OK. If you get lockups and the like then move to a better hsf. I use a thermalright ax-7 and my temps went from 55 to 45 degrees. Alphas, Swiftechs and Volcanos work great. But the old saying, if it aint broke you do not need to fix apply here for sure.

28C is an excellent temp. I'm OC'd to 2599.92 and at idle I'm at 32C and load 38C with Swiftech MCX. Core voltage is at 1.65 through SoftMenu III.

Them stock Intel coolers perform nicely. I only got a Swiftech because I had some extra $$$ to throw around.:)

nahh
this fan
is useless
i can take it off
n keep the comp runing
under 32-30 with ie open.....msn.....winamp....n all them lil things.....its the heatsink doin the work...mite get a bigger fan....or one that can push more cfm's

I have an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 2000+ running at 31 idle and 35 under load. Sounds pretty hot compared to that 2.6ghz P4 don't it. What room temp did you get that result from? How did you measure

So what the hell does that prove? That my processor runs cooler than a 1.3ghz Duron? Don't think so. Apples to apples comparison before saying 1 processor runs cooler than another. Same components installed in the same type of case in the same area of the room under same room temps using the same cooling methods and using the same measuring techniques.

Originally posted by desimatrix007
my p4 1.3 gig runs at bout 28*C :p....wat bout them 1.3 durons?.....

Why don't you actually try measuring the real world performance between those 2 first? I know which chip comes out on top, do you?

Weshy.

You People moan and grone this and that. Oh, Intel, Oh no AMD...
Check this, from Overclockersonline.
A poll they are doing, this is as of today.
AMD_INTEL.jpg

For all the crap The Intel people on this forum say, and try to beat down all the AMD people here. AMD is still the more popular CPU. That's my point :D

I'm running an older Socket A Athlon 900 Mhz O/C to 1 Ghz on a ABIT KT7A-RAID with 3 case fans in a tower case and a CoolMaster CPU fan. My idle temp is 32' to 34' C and when I'm seriously gaming the temp is no more than 48' to 50' C.

Don't get me wrong INTEL was great, but AMD has caught up and is poised to overtake. The writing is on the wall. and it's gonna go back and forth for a long time to come. Unless there's some Genius Wiz Kid out there with the blueprint to a new CPU architecture and design that will blow the doors off anything on the drawing board from INTEL/AMD. Chocolate and Vanilla is all we'll have to choose from for a while. Hey... You like what you like... enjoy it. :D

Quoted: "It isn't crap, it's beyond crap and most of it isn't factual. Intel does have faster CPU's out, yes...but they're running at 1.3 Micron...which is something AMD is preparing for."

...running at 1.3 Micron? How about 0.13 Micron.:D

"Beware, Beware, iPrescott soon to come out!":D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back