5850 Upgrade

N

Not Bman

I am not really interested in upgrading right now but interested in the new cards out there.

I was reading reviews of some 6900 cards, and noticed there were also some 6800 cards which I didn't know where there before. So I am wondering how does my 5850 compare with all the new cards and if I were to upgrade, what card would give me the most improved performance?

http://www.techspot.com/review/349-amd-radeon-6950/

This review explains some of the details of the new cards, but does not mention the 5850 in comparison too much.

5850 is likely about the same or slightly less performance than the 68xx cards. You would have to move to the 69xx or the Nvidia 5xx cards to get anything remotely noticeable.

With your card, I would recommend just waiting till next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back