58% of iPod owners likely to buy Zune

Like the functions.
Wish they made it bigger so it could have more storage.

Yeah, the size does inhibit it a little bit. But, who is going to listen to 200 hours of music? Unless they are driving cross country or something. As for just everyday driving, to and from work and the like; the size is perfect ..

Yeah, the size does inhibit it a little bit. But, who is going to listen to 200 hours of music? Unless they are driving cross country or something. As for just everyday driving, to and from work and the like; the size is perfect ..
True,
I was thinking for data storage/videos and such.

Right, you can partition an iPod, for example, so essentially you could have a 30-80GB hard drive for data storage.

Do you have to do something special to the ipod to make it hold data?
Like my creative already has a file for data

Do you have to do something special to the ipod to make it hold data?
Like my creative already has a file for data

iTunes allows you to set a specific amount of the hard drive for data, so you can drag data to the iPod as if it were an external HD. You can make any percentage of the iPod's storage available for data.

Ok, but does it require any Know-how?

No, it's part of the iTunes interface when your iPod is connected. There's a slider that lets you set how much of the space to use for data.

In general, Apple is very much about the user-experience, so most Apple software and hardware-software interaction are straightforward and intuitive.

In general, Apple is very much about the user-experience, so most Apple software and hardware-software interaction are straightforward and intuitive.

Except when it comes time to take a screenshot :p

I just use Grab -- bring up Spotlight and launch it from there. Pretty quick, actually.

I never bothered to memorize the screen capture shortcuts. ;)

I seriously spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to take a screenshot on a Mac at a uni lab. :p They didn't have Grab.

I agree, it would be easier if there were a print screen-type button.

I dont believe i have ever used a Mac Computer.
Maybe back in Grade School :)
Playing muncher or something

I couldn't stand Macs until OS X came out in 2001. The last 5 years have really been incredible for Macs IMO.

Really. Mac OS 9 is such a feeble little OS that they have Portable OS 9 that you can boot and run from a flash drive.

And even so, nobody bothers. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back