56k usage

yeh im with btopenworld and they kicked me off for breaking teh contract being on the net for more than 12/24 hours i hate em and theyre gonna do it to adsl users when there enough of em one bill was 327 hours i subsequently got banned from their network cuz i ignored their email

Originally posted by XP Abuser
doesnt aol block kazaa????

where do you get your new? how would they even go about blocking it?

I’m on Freeserve Anytime which seems to auto-disconnect every two hours in spite of them claiming in writing that this does not happen. It’s still happening. I’ve also been charged by BT for connection to one of their 24/7 free (as far as BT is concerned) anytime numbers, but in defence they did re-fund 75% of the charges which came to over £100.00p. I used to use AOL which appear to update their software on a daily basis as it’s so full of bugs. I’ve also subscribed to MSN who provided the most reliable service a few years ago.

Most now are only bolt on additions to Explorer anyway (56K) except for broadband, which I will be upgrading to shortly once I can find (any) supplier that’s not on the verge of bankruptcy like Telewest, NTL and others.

LOL

i used to be on AOL, but after a lengthy battle between me and the Message Board aDMINS i was banned, so i refused to pay the last months bill. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH:D :D

but now im with NTLworld, although its not great, it does offewr a good Online gaming session, it cuts off after 2 hours (which sucks).

i rack up atleast 9 hours a day if im home!:D

I’m on Freeserve Anytime which seems to auto-disconnect every two hours in spite of them claiming in writing that this does not happen

try in the Terms and Conditions ...

yup it definitely says they can do that

its so that other people have a chance to connect cause then you could just stay on forever and use all the bandwidth

Ok, i've actually been on the freeserve site and it states a 2-hour cut-off is in place on the "Home Time" package, yet nothing is writen that any sort of cut-off is enforced on the "Anytime" package, if anyone can prove me wrong please post a link, as its actually made me curious now :)

5.5 Internet access is subject to our network traffic management controls. We reserve the right to disconnect you from the Internet after 2 hours continuous use and/or 10 minutes of inactivity during connection. As a consequence, our No Ties or AnyTime dial-up Internet access packages may not be suitable for downloading files, which require continuous connection in excess of these times.

http://www.freeserve.com/terms/?linkfrom=Time_anytime/&link=footer1_6

There are four telephone numbers for Freeserve Anytime, two national and two dedicated to local connections.

The local numbers (which I was allocated one of) do not disconnect after two hours but it’s very difficult or impossible to obtain any connection in the first place using these numbers. The server just won’t log you on (This will happen to all you broadband people as more and more punters use the nodes and contention starts to become an issue). This is after they have doubled their bandwidth.

The only numbers I can connect to are “National” numbers. These auto-disconnect after two hours. I have complained bitterly about this both in writing and on the telephone getting transferred all over the place. In the end I gave up and believe that the people running this service at the support level have no clue whatsoever about anything to do with ISP’s.

You can of course talk to their technical staff for a fee but my experience here is even worse, they know even less the woman I spoke to in the accounts department. She actually uses their service and provided that best technical support! What’s going on here?

Well they can’t afford to employ properly qualified personnel, merely throwing hardware at the problem (I wish I was in this position).

The end result will no doubt be their demise, which in some way would be a shame as they were nearly the first to offer a “free” service (because they did not know any better).
:rolleyes:

Free service ????????

do you mean you just pay for the cost of a local call ???

Cheers for that New Disease, couldnt see for looking :)

Dave, are you refering to the numbers beginning with the 161 (i think it was 161) ?
as i had a strange number like that with a prefix when i first signed up, but Freeserve recently refered me to a standard 0808.
Eiter way ive always been cut-off every 2-hours..,

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
Free service ????????

do you mean you just pay for the cost of a local call ???

How could you fit 2891 post's in since the 30th April 2002?

And yes just the local call cost.

errrrr spamming

LOL

that cost of a local call soon mounts up

the last time I used freeserve I got a HUGE phone bill

so much for free :(

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Cheers for that New Disease, couldnt see for looking :)

Dave, are you refering to the numbers beginning with the 161 (i think it was 161) ?
as i had a strange number like that with a prefix when i first signed up, but Freeserve recently refered me to a standard 0808.
Eiter way ive always been cut-off every 2-hours..,

The numbers are: -

National 0809933006, 16164208452402602

Regional 08089977001, 08089916001

Tech 09062517517 (50p per minute)

im connected via the 16164208452402602 right now, i usually connect via 08089916001 and both dis-connect me after 2-hours...

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
im connected via the 16164208452402602 right now, i usually connect via 08089916001 and both dis-connect me after 2-hours...

So am I but it's not what I paid for

:mad:

I've just learned to accept it now, it bugs me now and then as i'm always logged onto irc and i ALWAYS get cut-off mid convo.
I'd love an always on connection, im not even fussed about speed a nice digital 64k always on would do me :)
BUT as we cant get DSL here, im stuffed with 2 options.

1. per minute access = expensive
2. subscription access = cheap, but with 2hr cut-off

so i just live with the 2hr bootings :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back