• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

56k Problem HELP!

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
OIk i'm playing whenever I play games online it works fine on 56k, but when its past 30 minutes or an hour my modem kinda stops and theres hella lag then i get disconected from the game, and that really piss's me off! What cause's this problem and how do i fix it?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
it disconnects ? is that what you mean when it stops?

you can prevent your modem from ever disconnecting from the net... there should be features when you go to control panel/device manager and go to modem properties and you should be able to specify if it disconnects after sometime...

like 2 years ago.. when I was still using my dialup.. I used to get disconnected all the time till I changed some settings round... can almost swear it was the disconnect thingy... :)

but then you say it stops ??? try playing around with your modem properties... should be able to do something to aleviate your troubles...

Reg

eXperienced!
_DM_, if you are using Windows XP and AOL, go to AOL.com and download the latest version of AOL. This will fix your problem. Anyway, to get a new ISP, simply cancel AOL and find another provider.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test