5384 setup gathering files error

plaxo

OSNN Newbie
i am trying to upgrade and it stucks and says caused an internal error at the second phase gathering files at 78 % and when i try to boot dvd and setup it says couldnt find a disk for criteria blah blah ..
solutions please ?

Where you upgrading from a clean build of WindowsXP?
Personally I would only ever clean install, but the option is good if you need it.

This is the first release it has been active so as testers (and you must be a tester at the moment right?) we have to find these problems and report them back as fast as we can before they go public...

...So you need to give us more information.

and with a fresh install it says "WINDOWS SETUP IS UNABLE TO FIND A SYSTEM VOLUME THAT MEETS ITS CRITERIA FOR INSTALLATION..."

Check the advanced tab, anything there?
Might need to create a partition if one doesn't exist (for some bizarre reason)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back