• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

512mb to 1gb worth it

Hey,
I am a heavy gamer. I want to know if upgrading from 512mb to 1 gb is worth it. I need some 3200. I play game like Half-Life 2, Far Cry, Doom 3

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Adding more memory to your system is the best money you can spend on a system upgrade because you get the most bang for the buck.
It will give you a noticeable increase in performance. :)

ming

OSNN Advanced
You'll probably need more than 512mb for those games if you want them to run smoothly. Obviously RAM is not the most crucial part since you already have 512mb. You may want to consider the GFX card if you got one that's almost pre-historic - higher end ones will give you more FPS and other bits and bobs.

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
I upgraded from 512 to 1gb a few months ago having been on 12 for a long time. Massive improvement in things for me, games particularly, especially loading times and high usage areas (loads of enemies on screen etc). Also in running a better performance is running a number of applications at once

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
1 gig is the number for gaming above is overkill for gaming unless your doing heavy editing of video or rendering things

fimchick

OSNN Senior Addict
Memory is a good upgrade, but you would also see a very significant improvement if you upgraded to a 10k RPM SATA hard-drive :) That is, if you already have 1gig of RAM

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn