500MB FREE WebSpace

mooo

thecyberninja
hehe, i been using them for about a month now and its great. also www.godaddy.com has great deals on domain purchase. So far i have had no downtime on the 1and1.com. Only bad thing is the email instead of doing admin@thecyberninja.com it gives me my account number and then -admin but if you canremember that or just use outlook go for it :)

btw, the only thing you do is give your phone number then a automated recording calls giving you the account verify number, takes a total of 15minutes max, and no cc needed when register

Wolf1.8

OSNN Junior Addict
mooo said:
hehe, i been using them for about a month now and its great. also www.godaddy.com has great deals on domain purchase. So far i have had no downtime on the 1and1.com. Only bad thing is the email instead of doing admin@thecyberninja.com it gives me my account number and then -admin but if you canremember that or just use outlook go for it :)

btw, the only thing you do is give your phone number then a automated recording calls giving you the account verify number, takes a total of 15minutes max, and no cc needed when register
unless you want a specific domain name :) 5.99/yr for that

I have been using them for about 3 weeks now and have had 0 porblems...nice and quick too. How can you go wrong for it being free though!!! :)

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
I'm with them to and I doubted the fact that they were going to be for real but they totally are and they are great

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
i am still waiting to get the final email back from them. i did it last night. and right now, im not too impressed because i think i just gave them all my personal information for nothing.

Tabletop Expert

I want it to snow!
Is the offer for people in the US only. I am from the UK, do you think I could put and old zip code in?!? I really need this web space! :(

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
just lookin at the UK version of 1&1, and its terrible, you have to be paying £8.99 to get PHP and MySQL (only 1 DB) I pay $4 or something and I get PHP and unlimited MySQL DBs its like UK Webhosting providers are scared of PHP and MySQL

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I'm using Rogers webspace right now, been using it for awhile, but I dont really know how much space I get? Does anybody know how much I get or how I can find out? Then I might switch over.

Erbmaster

OSNN Veteran Addict
Bah!, I already have my domain registered with the UK 1&1 site.
Very, very reliable too.
/meh jealous>>> Seems the offer is US/Canada only.
I'd have jumped at the chance too :(

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Geffy said:
just lookin at the UK version of 1&1, and its terrible, you have to be paying £8.99 to get PHP and MySQL (only 1 DB) I pay $4 or something and I get PHP and unlimited MySQL DBs its like UK Webhosting providers are scared of PHP and MySQL
Naah, not scared, we just don't have the technology, therefore those small few of us who do, need to charge a fortune for the use of it to make it a viable venture. :)

cryogenic

OSNN Addict
Well, from the first email I got from them (the one with the 4 steps) until I got the final confirmation email was 12 hrs, 23 minutes. Got the first one @ 12:51am on 1/16, 2nd one @ 1:14pm on 1/16. Other than that, I've not had any trouble yet.

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
SPeedY_B said:
Naah, not scared, we just don't have the technology, therefore those small few of us who do, need to charge a fortune for the use of it to make it a viable venture. :)
So I could go take my BSD box to some datacentre, give it a hardware upgrade, stick apache mysql php type thing on there and charge somethine like £5 per month as then I am pretty much beating 1&1 as long as I offer like 10 databases or something

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Connectivity technology is what I meant. The cost of connectivity in this country is at an absolute minimum double any other country (maybe not any, but most)

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Please read the fine print for this deal. I remember reading about this offer somewhere else and I'm pretty sure there was some sort of catch after the 3 years...

Erbmaster

OSNN Veteran Addict
leedogg said:
Please read the fine print for this deal. I remember reading about this offer somewhere else and I'm pretty sure there was some sort of catch after the 3 years...
Dunno about that m8, it claims clearly stated "obligation free offer"
...hmpph...i'm still jealous :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks