500MB FREE WebSpace

mooo

thecyberninja
Joined
6 Jan 2004
Messages
886
hehe, i been using them for about a month now and its great. also www.godaddy.com has great deals on domain purchase. So far i have had no downtime on the 1and1.com. Only bad thing is the email instead of doing admin@thecyberninja.com it gives me my account number and then -admin but if you canremember that or just use outlook go for it :)

btw, the only thing you do is give your phone number then a automated recording calls giving you the account verify number, takes a total of 15minutes max, and no cc needed when register
 

Wolf1.8

OSNN Junior Addict
Joined
6 Jan 2004
Messages
23
mooo said:
hehe, i been using them for about a month now and its great. also www.godaddy.com has great deals on domain purchase. So far i have had no downtime on the 1and1.com. Only bad thing is the email instead of doing admin@thecyberninja.com it gives me my account number and then -admin but if you canremember that or just use outlook go for it :)

btw, the only thing you do is give your phone number then a automated recording calls giving you the account verify number, takes a total of 15minutes max, and no cc needed when register

unless you want a specific domain name :) 5.99/yr for that

I have been using them for about 3 weeks now and have had 0 porblems...nice and quick too. How can you go wrong for it being free though!!! :)
 

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
Joined
21 Jun 2002
Messages
2,465
I'm with them to and I doubted the fact that they were going to be for real but they totally are and they are great
 

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Joined
16 Mar 2002
Messages
4,716
Signed up about a month ago, have yet to use it. ANyone use their domain reg service?
 

Wolf1.8

OSNN Junior Addict
Joined
6 Jan 2004
Messages
23
dreamliner77 said:
Signed up about a month ago, have yet to use it. ANyone use their domain reg service?

I did...worked fine...cheap too :)
 

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Joined
24 Mar 2002
Messages
2,281
i am still waiting to get the final email back from them. i did it last night. and right now, im not too impressed because i think i just gave them all my personal information for nothing.
 

Tabletop Expert

I want it to snow!
Joined
6 Jan 2004
Messages
20
Is the offer for people in the US only. I am from the UK, do you think I could put and old zip code in?!? I really need this web space! :(
 

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Joined
18 Mar 2002
Messages
7,805
just lookin at the UK version of 1&1, and its terrible, you have to be paying £8.99 to get PHP and MySQL (only 1 DB) I pay $4 or something and I get PHP and unlimited MySQL DBs its like UK Webhosting providers are scared of PHP and MySQL
 
N

Not Bman

Guest
I'm using Rogers webspace right now, been using it for awhile, but I dont really know how much space I get? Does anybody know how much I get or how I can find out? Then I might switch over.
 

Erbmaster

OSNN Veteran Addict
Joined
5 Mar 2003
Messages
1,195
Bah!, I already have my domain registered with the UK 1&1 site.
Very, very reliable too.
/meh jealous>>> Seems the offer is US/Canada only.
I'd have jumped at the chance too :(
 

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
15,806
Geffy said:
just lookin at the UK version of 1&1, and its terrible, you have to be paying £8.99 to get PHP and MySQL (only 1 DB) I pay $4 or something and I get PHP and unlimited MySQL DBs its like UK Webhosting providers are scared of PHP and MySQL
Naah, not scared, we just don't have the technology, therefore those small few of us who do, need to charge a fortune for the use of it to make it a viable venture. :)
 

cryogenic

OSNN Addict
Joined
26 Oct 2003
Messages
241
Well, from the first email I got from them (the one with the 4 steps) until I got the final confirmation email was 12 hrs, 23 minutes. Got the first one @ 12:51am on 1/16, 2nd one @ 1:14pm on 1/16. Other than that, I've not had any trouble yet.
 

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Joined
18 Mar 2002
Messages
7,805
SPeedY_B said:
Naah, not scared, we just don't have the technology, therefore those small few of us who do, need to charge a fortune for the use of it to make it a viable venture. :)
So I could go take my BSD box to some datacentre, give it a hardware upgrade, stick apache mysql php type thing on there and charge somethine like £5 per month as then I am pretty much beating 1&1 as long as I offer like 10 databases or something
 

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
15,806
Connectivity technology is what I meant. The cost of connectivity in this country is at an absolute minimum double any other country (maybe not any, but most)
 

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Joined
3 Mar 2002
Messages
820
Please read the fine print for this deal. I remember reading about this offer somewhere else and I'm pretty sure there was some sort of catch after the 3 years...
 

Erbmaster

OSNN Veteran Addict
Joined
5 Mar 2003
Messages
1,195
leedogg said:
Please read the fine print for this deal. I remember reading about this offer somewhere else and I'm pretty sure there was some sort of catch after the 3 years...
Dunno about that m8, it claims clearly stated "obligation free offer"
...hmpph...i'm still jealous :p
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?

Forum statistics

Threads
62,007
Messages
673,466
Members
5,598
Latest member
Larry Chris