50 boots

Originally posted by dreamliner77
Here's a cookie! One for you and one for me!

Be careful, if madmatt catches you giving out cookies anything could happen !! :eek:

doesnt he always need more cookies.
Out of curiousity, if you were to use a cracked "corporate edition" would you still be able to use the Windows Update? YOu would prob be screwed if you clicked the link in IE about the OS being authentic. haha

yes you would be able to use windows update.. or SHOULD...

when you use windows update... microsoft has this popup that says no private message will be given to microsoft concerning your system info...

I know that probably does not happen but as it goes since they say that I can't see them running into peoples houses and contradicting themselves...

as is, I do not like piracy (note to xsiv, I don't condone it) and personally I suppose I am pirating but the intention is not there to jip the billionaires at microsoft :)

music... hell yeah... dl it to the max... but when it comes to intellectual property that my brother can get at a discount... why the hell should I do it ? :D true I can spend my money on cookies... but with Matt around... I can get em for free :D

music... hell yeah... dl it to the max... but when it comes to intellectual property that my brother can get at a discount... why the hell should I do it ? true I can spend my money on cookies... but with Matt around... I can get em for free

Isn't music intellectual property. I just say this cos I'm a musician, and I have to think about what I write, therefore, it is intellectual property.

Originally posted by dreamliner77

Isn't music intellectual property. I just say this cos I'm a musician, and I have to think about what I write, therefore, it is intellectual property.

It depends on what sort of music you are writing. If your writing formula stuff like pop/trance/techno/rock/alternative anything top 40, then no I would argue that it isnt intellectual property as its not an intellectual piece of writing in the first place.
Its a use of formula thats been done before, and regardless of how good the music makes you feel or enjoy listening to, if you critically analyise the structure, simplistic harmonies, instrumentation etc..you find that its been done time and time and time over.
--There is truth in the quote 'nothing new under the sun'--
that said, there are some shockers of 'modern' "classical" works composed these days.

Originally posted by gtgarside
doesnt he always need more cookies.
Out of curiousity, if you were to use a cracked "corporate edition" would you still be able to use the Windows Update? YOu would prob be screwed if you clicked the link in IE about the OS being authentic. haha

Without giving anything away, from experience, i know for a fact that you can use windows update with a cracked/stolen serial number version of windows.

J

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back