50 boots

A

Aileron

Hey there. My friend wants to install Windows Xp Pro, and it's a burnt copy. I heard a rumor that you can only boot your computer 50 times and then you have to call Microsoft for a new registration number. Is this true? Should i advise him not to do it? It supposedly is a corporate edition if that matters.

Thanx:)

Aileron

If it was a legal copy that was purcahsed at a store, after 30 days you have to activate it. If the same CD-Key is already activated, you have to call Microsoft and explain why the same key is being used on a different computer.

If it is an illegal corporate release, there should be no activation.

JJB6486

If it's a corporate copy there is no activation on it due to the fact that they are multiple license (they are installed on more than one computer). This is directly from someone I know who works for Microsquish. If it's a burnt copy and it's a good image, then enjoy.

Hey, not to be a bugger, but we can't go around givin out cracks and stuff.

"dreamliner77 Hey, not to be a bugger, but we can't go around givin out cracks and stuff."
i agree, but i haven't given out a crack. simply passed on readily available information on how to find one.

bugger. oh well, i suppose people can always ask me to email the info to them? or is that against the rules to?

im not so good with the configuration and hardware questions, but i can help people with cracks and other info..anyway, have a nice day!

J

ps. actually, im quite pleased with myself. ive managed to get one of my posts moderated in less than 50 posts! although im VERY sure that that is not anything record breaking... :)

I agree with the whole thing...

am using my brothers copy of XP coz didn't see a point of buying 2 of em if we are in the same damn building... I know what the license says but I am a student and I'll be damned if I have to pay friggin 200 bucks for an OS... ok ok I exagerated :)

anyhoo for your info you can just say register later and use windows XP (i have the professional)... reason we got it is coz his winME was shyte and always caused probs... right now I dual boot with winxp and win2k... win2k is my first love but I can't get the lovely xp icons onto win2k to look like the originals... they are emulated but they don't look perdy enough...

you know how it is with janitor's everything has to look perdy and prim and propah...

ah... its tea time.. anyone want a biscuit?

Originally posted by sazar99

am using my brothers copy of XP coz didn't see a point of buying 2 of em if we are in the same damn building... I know what the license says but I am a student and I'll be damned if I have to pay friggin 200 bucks for an OS... ok ok I exagerated :)

Not saying I disagree with you. ;) Just can't do it here. :)

To set the record straight, anyone who continues to post warez links or offers up IN OPEN FORUM access to same through other means WILL be banned. This site is for a much larger community of users searching for answers to thier XP related debugging issues. Good catch xsivforce.

use the private message function for stuff like that. Post on the board to look in your PM's. Then u aint spamming cracks over a forum none of us want to see closed down over warez.:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back