5.1 Speakers

Adrenalize

Tired Zombie
I am thinking of buying some speakers for this entertainment pc for movies and games any suggestions for around 100$ us.

Well you know the ol saying "You get what you pay for...." well if you pay $100 for 5.1 speakers, you are getting $100 5.1 speakers, I couldnt imagine a set that cheap...

I have Klipsch and these things rattle the pictures off the wall, in 3d shooter games everytime a shotgun is fired it will scare the crap out of ya......

About $350.00

btw - adrenalize what type of cooling are you using with that kind of overclocking ??

Logitech z5300
Specs

if you do decide on these ones amazon has them for $154 which was the cheapest i could find and they also covered shipping for me not sure if they still are or not but they might.

Originally posted by cwalker2734
btw - adrenalize what type of cooling are you using with that kind of overclocking ??
Just a volcano 11 with the multiplier set to 12.5 instead of 11

My system cant OC for crap.

motherboard seeems to be decent, I guess its just the CPU.

.....its always something, anyone wanna buy a computer ?

Originally posted by Adrenalize
Just a volcano 11 with the multiplier set to 12.5 instead of 11
exact same here. and in my case, the cpu is actually undervolted by .075v. :cool: so i'm overclocked with temps a little lower than stock.

cwalker, how have you tried overclocking? simply changing the multiplier doesn't put any extra strain on the board so if that's what you've been doing, then your cpu's core is certainly the limit. have you tried bumping up the voltage? what 3000+ do you have? the 333 or 400fsb version?

I would say any Creative Inspires really, unless you want to spend a bomb. They all do the same thing after all :eek:

Originally posted by Unleashed
I would say any Creative Inspires really, unless you want to spend a bomb. They all do the same thing after all :eek:
well, yeah. but you can say the same for cars though, right? "'78 Yugo or '04 BMW M3? eh, it doesn't matter. they all do the same thing after all..."

;)

adrenalize, creatives are great value speakers. i can't imagine you looking for something under $100 and being dissappointed wiith em. that T5400 set looks mighty nice.

Exactly, my sisters car has a 700cc engine (Fiat 126), it can still make the speed limit. Obviously its nicer to have better, but they do the same thing so whats the point?

I dont want $100 speakers, and I dont want a Fiat or a Yugo, or a BMW.

All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth !

Ive tried bumbing the FSB, lowering it then raising the multiplier, raising and lowering the voltage, it has very little tolerance, I understand this is mainly the issue with the 333fsb athlon, which is what I have...

I have the same processor ;)
I got it to 2.34 ghz no problem, didnt bother going higher - Im happy with its speed.

damn the bad luck... thats it Im giving this to my nephew tomorrow, Im buying a new system, Im tired of people getting more for less

do I wait until Feb. 2, 2004 for the 3.4Ghz p4EE ?

If you do, fancy sending me the Athlon + any other bits you dont want from it ;) :p

If you want to unlock the chip so you can overclock it, look here:
http://www.athlon-unlock.co.uk/

It has instructions on how to do it, possibly without screwing your chip ;)

If you do, fancy sending me the Athlon + any other bits you dont want from it ;) :p

If you want to unlock the chip so you can overclock it, look here:
http://www.athlon-unlock.co.uk/

It has instructions on how to do it, possibly without screwing your chip ;)
barton + nforce2 = automatically unlocked. :)

Yep ;)
I love my MSI K7N2 Delta board :D
P.S The NVidia System Utility is amazing, have you tried it yet?

Yep ;)
I love my MSI K7N2 Delta board :D
P.S The NVidia System Utility is amazing, have you tried it yet?
my board isn't supported (original nforce2, 1.0). i'm waiting to go to my friends house to install and play with it on his a7n8x 2.0 when he's not looking.

Since you have an Audigy 2 sound card I would recommend buying better (and more expensive) speakers to get the full affect. Logitech Z680, simply put.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back