5.1 Digital Music

S

Shirow

I recently have gotten a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum and some 5.1 channel Speakers. Gaming should never be without these :D
Anyways, I was playing around with the remote control to play some music and I noticed there was a 5.1 Channel Music List, so I went into the play list and tried the 4 songs they had. It sounded GREAT!! I loved listening to all sort of music from Classical, to Heavy Metal, from J-Pop to American Rap (but no Country music please!) and when I heard these Jazz songs, I had to get more, but I can't find where! Does anyone know of some music CD's that are made for 5.1 channel or know of some sites of where to get it? Free or not it doesn't matter. I know most music will play with 4 speakers, but there not made for “surround sound”. The 5.1’s have different instruments playing from different speakers, and it all just sounds great in my computer room or living room. So if anyone has any recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks!

Try going to your local record store and looking for dvd-audio or SACD discs.

Games in 5.1

I don't play many old games, but yes, they do only play in 4.1
However most newer games will use Dolby and/or EAX and use all 5.1 (Alice, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Serious Sam 2, Soldier of Fortune 2, etc). And I hope with this 5.1 technology, that there will be more music that uses it, just because it sounds so nice!

Thanks dreamliner77, I will ask around town for those type of music.

-Shirow :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back