478 M/board CPU problems

stu_hunt

OSNN Newbie
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am trying to build a P4 system but am having a few problems. I am getting no signal on the screen and there are no beeps on the internal speaker.

This leads me to assume I have a problem with either the m/board or CPU.

Does anyone have any techniques by where I could test each component in isolation?

Cheers,

Stuart

If you are getting no video and no beeps, I would first go and re-seat all your hardware. Also ensure that your motherboard has all required PSU connectors seated properly, as sometimes P4 boards require an additional 12V connector.

Does the machine at least power up?

wwwdjrcs said:
If you are getting no video and no beeps, I would first go and re-seat all your hardware. Also ensure that your motherboard has all required PSU connectors seated properly, as sometimes P4 boards require an additional 12V connector.

Does the machine at least power up?

Hi,

Yes it does power up and the CPU fan is spinning. I know the additional connector you mean but this board does not seem to have one.

I will try a re-seating and see how that goes in the meantime, thanks.

Not a problem.

Post back with how it goes, this way we can help further if needed :)

what mobo? I am going to have to assume it has no diagnostic led sequence and relies only upon beep codes - since you are getting none make extra sure you at least have that speaker wired OK, because that just bacame your primary diagnostic "tool"!

wwwdjrcs said:
Not a problem.

Will do, will be in a few hours once I am home from work!

Cheers.

wwwdjrcs said:
Not a problem.

Hi,

Well I appear to have got it working! All I did was fasten the heatsink down a bit using the levers and it has started working!

So thanks for your help. For the record it is an ASrock P4 VT8+

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back