4200 128mb: aopen, evga, prolink

Taurus

hardware monkey
i'm thinkin bout getting a 4200 128mb with VIVO... getting all the bells and whistles. those 3 brands are the cheapest, especially prolink and aopen. but i tried my hardest to find a review on either one and i can't find anything at all. wanna know if there were any issues with any of these, what speed memory they have (4ns or otherwise), and overclockability. anyone know anything?

or maybe i'll just get a 4600 VIVO for like $60 more.

what ever make, (don't know about Aopen), get the second edition one. 8x, do not get the 4x, if your mobo supports 8x!

It should hopefully!

*glances at sig* nope... 4x.
besides, 8x hasn't been proven to offer any performance increase. there really isn't even a difference between 2x and 4x.

after talking it over with my friends, i decided i'm going to go with a 4600 after all. i got an awesome job a few weeks back so the extra bucks aren't a big deal. }:>

Originally posted by taurus
after talking it over with my friends, i decided i'm going to go with a 4600 after all. i got an awesome job a few weeks back so the extra bucks aren't a big deal. }:>

^LMAO@this geek... what kind of nerds sit around discussing video cards while eating a Western Bacon Cheeseburger that was really good to myself...

Doh!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by taurus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^LMAO@this geek... what kind of nerds sit around discussing video cards while eating a Western Bacon Cheeseburger that was really good to myself...

Doh![/B]

Yeah.. those Western Bacons are the shizzat.. I fully commend the people who work at Carl's Jr. They are awesome people.. and anyone who works there.. or wants to work there (cuz they're job at a warehouse sucks) is okay in my book..

Did I miss something. Where does Western Bacon Cheeseburger come into this.

taurus was just asking an opinion about certain video cards so that doesn't mean he is a geek or a nurd.

geesh... don't worry about it, smokie... they're the "friends" i was talking about earlier. notice one only has a single post. lol

No probs taurus, I have friends like that as well..Who needs enemies with friends like them I ask. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back