400mhz bus athlons?

Taurus

hardware monkey
since (some?) nforce2 boards support a 400mhz bus, does that mean we can expect somethig like that in the future in the socket A form? or is it just for overclocking?

Athlon XP CPUs with a FSB of 400 MHz are coming in May. I read this just a week ago.

interesting. can you show me where? or can anyone else confirm this?

Originally posted by Ultrabeamer
Yes I can show you the news. Here it is:

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2003Feb/bch20030227018862.htm

wow that article is mis-leading as hell..

they say amd is behind the curve because intel claims pr figures of 800mhz fsb ?

whatever...

100mhz fsb clock = 200mhz amd (ddr); 400mhz intel (qdr)

and so on and so forth... intel does not have a solution out on the 166mhz clock, bypassing it to go to 200... if amd also moves to 200... how is it then behind the curve?

btw yes... amd has been ramping up all its lines to accomodate 200mhz fsb clock.. and this has been known for a lot longer than january per that website...

hammer has on-die memory controller... which is where some delays have taken place... moving from 166-200mhz clock for the fsb..

thanks for the info, ultrabeamer. though i agree with sazar that the editors of that article have the wrong idea, i hope they're source for the may release is correct.

i ask this because i just bought an nforce2 mobo (upgrading from a 2½-year old kt133 :p) and want to know if i should get pc2700 or pc3200. if the 400mhz athlons are coming, then i'll get pc3200.

I have a lot of sources in German language. I've only searched for an English source because I think you wouldn't have understood the news in German :confused:

One of them was a homepage of a PC magazine, so I think this isn't wrong.

Do FSB400 CPUs run with DDR333 memory or is DDR400 needed to run this CPUs?

Originally posted by Ultrabeamer
I have a lot of sources in German language. I've only searched for an English source because I think you wouldn't have understood the news in German :confused:

One of them was a homepage of a PC magazine, so I think this isn't wrong.

Do FSB400 CPUs run with DDR333 memory or is DDR400 needed to run this CPUs?

it is not needed but it would synch perfectly and therefore would not be a bottleneck...

the objective when building any system is to limit potential bottlenecks if you can avoid it...

Thank you. Do you think KT400 mainboards will support FSB400 CPUs? Perhaps they'll only need a BIOS update?!

Some say KT400A won't support FSB400 CPUs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back