40.71 Makes Graphics Flicker

• Thread starter PiCTuREm3RolLin
  • Start date
P

PiCTuREm3RolLin

I have just installed the new nvidia drivers and my counter strike flickers in large areas.....What do you think the problem is?

wait you mean your screen flickers right? if so you need to fix it with nvrefreshtool to adjust your monitors refresh rate to 85hz or higher depending on your monitor. when installing new video driver everything becomes back to default setting.

Had the same problem, try running CS in opengl mode instead of d3d. Hope this helps,
jumpy

Maybe what PiCTuREm3RolLin is referring to is not the refresh problem, but an annoying thing where parts of the screen "shift" for a split second (for lack of better way to describe it). This happened to me too since I've installed the newer drivers. Although in my case, it only happens in the pre-game menus, but not the game itself.

At first I thought it was because I o/c my video too high, but lowering it didn't help.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but the problem for you is the new driver. With so many variables/system configurations, one size does not fit all. The latest is not always the best. With so many driver versions out there pick the one that works best, not the one with the highest number.

I kinda figured that after reducing the o/c setting, but it's not really that bad since it's not in the actual game itself. I'd rather have a driver that performs better when it counts and live with a little "crappiness" until a fixed version comes out. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back