4.1 system not surround??

L

Leo154

i have the creative 4.1 speakers and the MSI nForce 2 K7N2GM-IL.. without the SoundStorm chip... i pluged in the front speakers in the line out and the rear speakers in the line in... and configured it in the sound menu thingy as was described in the manual.. i did a special surround test and all speakers seem to work on independent channels... the test was a woman saying "Front Right, Front Left, Surround Right..." and each one was to its corresponding speaker...

now, when i listen to music, the rear speakers dont work at all.. when i watch a movie, a divx rip, there is negligable sound coming out of the rear speakers... also, some programs dont seem to allow me to choose a 4 speaker system.. such as in WMP9 after installing WinDVD5...

please could someone explain.. do u people who have audigys and soundblaster live, have sound come out of the rear speakers when listening to music in WMP9???

i would buy a sound card if it would solve the problem, except that in the manual, it claims to be a 5.1 channel sound chip, except not "Dolby Digital" like the SoundStorm chip....

hmmm:eek:

Listen to music in winamp instead. Drop the bloatware.

Have you selected quadrophonic (or whatever) speaker setup in Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Voices > Advanced?
Silly Windows!

That isn't necessary when you have the Creative Control panel. I've had Live!-cards before, and now I have an Audigy2.

fixed it.. i installed the realtek alc650 drivers..

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back