3Ghz with a 4000+

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political Access
Finally got my 3Ghz or 2.979 if you will. With 2.2.2.5 1T timings.

:eek:

almost 11K now on 3D05, but Overclocker doesn't work with 6.4 cats for me. So back to 6.3 I go to get my 740-820. Flashed the X1800XTPE BIOS and changed up the fan settings to make it a bit quieter.

Here we GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we've found the cause of global warming right thurr !!!

I think I see a mushroom cloud coming from Steevo's house :p :cool:

I love my dual core. These things are great! I haven't pushed mine yet, but I plan on doing so.

What sort of cooling did you go with?

Bagh!!! Mushroom cloud.

3.1Ghz kinda stable a bit warm though 116F mild load, 1.65vcore.

But still with tight memory timings so that could be a cause. Cooling is a Freezer Pro 64 lapped down to almost mirror shine that blows into a 120MM fan. I want liquid though. And I know where I can get some cool radiators, 12"X12" dual 1/4 pipe. Do a little side cutout and paint and a LED and I could be in business.

Pump $36
CPU Block $40ish
GPU Block $30ish
Northbridge block ??? Still trying to find one that will fit under the video card :(

And a homemeade Resovoir.

Can't wait for you to get it folding. blow us all away it will! :laugh:

I have it clocked down as it was getting to warm for my taste, and F@H was dumping some of the larger-complex WU's at that speed, plus I am trying a different memory divider.

I have a pic of the CPU somewhere in this box, but can't find it anywhere...... :dead:

Attachments

• overclock1.JPG
    overclock1.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 154
  • overclock.JPG
    overclock.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 141
  • overclock2.JPG
    overclock2.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 152
I have one of those on my Winchester 3200+ and I haven't been impressed with it's performance. But everyone has different luck.

Yeah, thats the one.

You will need to lapp down the base a bit as it still has the rough machining marks on it. A bit of 400 grit sandpaper then a bit of 1000 and some oil will do the trick. Clean it well and use AS5. I used my fine wet honing stone as it is very flat and will polish, then I used some mothers aluminum wheel polish to get the mirror shine to it.

Make sure to apply AS5 to BOTH surfaces, the base and the CPU, and spread it out evenly, just enough to cover the color of the metal. Then a rice grain size drop in the middle of the CPU and mount it. It will run warm for the first few hours till it squeezes out the excess material.

You can also lapp the top of the CPU as the IHS is copper and quite thick.

@Shep.

You might have a case where the TIM between the core and the IHS has a air pocket in it. I have seen pics of ths happening, where the core is making no contact at up to 10% of the surface area with the IHS. That poses a larger OC-Temp problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back