3Dmark03

Sazar

Rest In Peace
This is a raw benchmark of dx7/8 and 9 compatible video cards. The tests are ordered in the following fashion :

game test 1 == dx7
game test 2 & 3 == dx8
game test 4 == dx9

only the results of the first 4 tests count towards the final 3dmark03 score, the rest are basically tests for other system components and abilities. Scores in this benchmark are highly GPU dependent and increasing CPU speeds by a lot does not impact scores nearly as much as in some other benchmarks.

home page == www.futuremark.com
download mirrors == 3dmark03 ver 340

minimum system specs are as follows:

- x86 compatible processor, 1000MHz
- 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
- 1.0GB of free hard disk space
- Windows® 98/SE/ME/2000/XP
- DirectX®9.0a or later
- DirectX®9.0 compatible graphics adapter that has 32MB of memory and is fully DirectX®7.0 compliant
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6

please refer to the guidelines before posting. Thank you.

WinXP Pro sp1
athlon xp 2800+ @ 2015mhz
abit nf7s v2.0 (nforce 2)
2x512mb pc3200 @333mhz
ati ALL-IN-WONDER 9800pro @ 378/338
120gb Westerndigital @7200rpm 8mb cache

compared

pm me if you have any tips for tweeking settings to improve performance.

thanks

Microsoft Windows XP SP1
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Mobo Model 7VRXP
AGP Rates (Current/Available) 4x
CPU AMD Athlon(tm) 1607 MHz XP2000 TBRED
FSB 133 MHz
Memory 512 MB
ATI 9500 PRO Vid Card
RADEON 3.4 Driver Version 6.14.10.6343

3DMark Score 3512 3DMarks
CPU Score 357.0 CPUMarks

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1700686

If you're wondering why 3.4 Radeon - HW2 has issues with anything later on my system.

I like it a lot, but then again...this is the first pc that I have built and I don't have anything to compare it against!! Overall I am very happy with it!!

compare it to me :D

j/k

:) anyways have you tried oc'ing it or anything yet? and what sort of memory are you using?

I am still waiting to get a good cooler for the cpu.. the stock one is not quite to my liking... might get the thermalright peltier... still up in the air :)

yeah....it's been up to 3.3ghz, but starts to run a little funky at anything much higher than that...get's hot too...I have it backed down to about 3.0 for the most part...haven't looked into any extra/special cooling yet...I am running micron memory w/ heat spreaders for now

Originally posted by Sazar
compare it to me :D

j/k

:) anyways have you tried oc'ing it or anything yet? and what sort of memory are you using?

I am still waiting to get a good cooler for the cpu.. the stock one is not quite to my liking... might get the thermalright peltier... still up in the air :)

How can you not like the stock cooler? My CPU only runs 6-8F higher than room temp when idling. It reaches 41C on a full load. Hell, my 2.4GHz used to idle at 40C. The Arctic Silver III and 92mm case fan do help a bit though. And the cpu fan isn't even loud. How can you dislike it?!

Anyway, here's my stuff:
Since I can't upload 3.3.0 version benchmarks anymore, I'm sticking with my 2.4GHz benchmark.

Asus P4P800
P4 2.4GHz 533FSB @ 2.8GHz 624FSB
Two sticks 512MB Kingston HyperX DDR 3200 (2-2-2-5-1T) Dual Channel Mode
GeForce FX5900

3DMark Score 6323 3DMarks

CPU Score 717.0 CPUMarks

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1530511

That's with version 3.3.0 though, and "cheating drivers." With 3.4.0, I'm getting around 5400 3DMarks. Overclocked Video @ 475 core, 975 mem.

Taurus

Dual DDR and NF2 must make even more of a difference than I would have thought against that KT400 chipset.

Nice.

oh, duh. skipped right over the chipset for some reason. i think i assume that every performance athlon system is nforce2-based anymore.
;)

Yeah, go ahead, rub it in, LOL.

Some of us bought 3 months too soon and are paying the price now, Sniff...

Which is why I'm sitting on my upgrade funds until next spring and PCI-X w/64 Bit.

ok i just ran the thing and it doesn't want to tell me what my cpu score was...how do i find that out?

MS Windows XP SP1
Abit KV8-MAX3
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2004 mhz
Kingston 1gb (2x 512mb) PC3200 DDR @ 400mhz
Sapphire Radeon 9800XT 256mb w/ 03.10 catalyst drivers
WD 36.7gb S-ATA HDD + 80gb Seagate Barracuda

3Dmark Score: 6437 3DMarks
CPU Score: not found that bit yet!

and when i submitted using the online results browser thing it said submission failed, i WILL figure it out eventually and edit this post then...

The online browser goes down occasionally just try back later.

In the score block is a button for OPTIONS. Under that click details for the details. Lower Left of pop up window.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back