3DMark 03 Error

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Attached is the error I get when I run 3DMark03, I had it working before but now I just get this... I do have 2001 and PCMark2002 installed, but they were all working together once...

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Attached is the error I get when I run 3DMark03, I had it working before but now I just get this... I do have 2001 and PCMark2002 installed, but they were all working together once...

Any suggestions?

the other products should have 0 bearings on 3dmark03 on your system...

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

if it worked before it should work now... unless you changed some files or something...

The only thing I have done is tweaked my services...!

Originally posted by Tinker
Are you running DX9?

seeing as only one game uses dx9 and the lads vid card is not a dx9 part... I don't see how that would make a difference...

AFAIK ep does have dx9 :)

Lets see you tweaked your services and now your getting a system info error on 3d mark...

Reinstall 3d Mark.

BTW I downloaded then deleted 3D Mark. There's a lot of complaining about it not being realistic. It's targeted mainly at DX9 hardware and software which barely exist. Also, it got knocked for not using the best "non DX9 options" when there was no DX9 hardware. Unless you want to know how your current system will run the new games (when they come out in 2-3 years) stick with the older 3d Mark's.

Originally posted by LeeJend
Lets see you tweaked your services and now your getting a system info error on 3d mark...

Reinstall 3d Mark.

BTW I downloaded then deleted 3D Mark. There's a lot of complaining about it not being realistic. It's targeted mainly at DX9 hardware and software which barely exist. Also, it got knocked for not using the best "non DX9 options" when there was no DX9 hardware. Unless you want to know how your current system will run the new games (when they come out in 2-3 years) stick with the older 3d Mark's.

there is nothing wrong with the benchmark other than what nvidia complained about... and most of the answers to the complaints were already in the white paper and 3dmark03 DID release a new document answering the same questions...

there is no doubt dx9 hardware will give the best results... and also you have to understand using ps 1.4 IS better than 1.3 even if the difference is not that big... but ps 1.4 is a part of directx 8.1... it is not really futuremarks fault that some hardware does not support ps1.4 and only has 1.3... fallback in case of 1.4 not being present is ps 1.1 which means hardware w/o ps 1.4 will have to make more passes and hence there will be a performance hit...

3dmark is always forward looking :) and the current benchmark is good to take a look @ dx8/dx9 games coming out later this year/early next year.... its the way it is... it is after all a synthetic banchmark :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back