3D mark scores come down with vsink option on.

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
I've noticed with my radeon 9800 pro that if I set the drivers to vsink always on that my 3d mark scores come down by alot. Is this normal?

Petros

Thief IV
Do you notice the framerates in the tests don't surpass your refresh rates? (Say, 60, 72, 85, etc, fps?) 3dMark is supposed to be able to disable Vsync, but maybe the drivers have disallowed that function.

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
Is that what vsink does? I know it stops tearing and makes games look a bit better but does it stop your frame rates from exceeding your refresh rates?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
vsynch synchs your fps with your frame rate... it can prevent 'tearing' of the image when the fps goes too high in some situations...

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
3D Mark will disable Vsync IF you select Application Preference.

Options for Vsync are: On, Off, Application Preference.

Leave it in Application Preference or set it to Off for benchmarking.

Well , I think ON for gaming if you have the refresh rate of your monitor set pretty high. I have the refresh rate on my CRT to 85, when benchmarking I sure like to see those 300 fps , when gaming Id like to have those fps as far as possible from 60 fps. Anything lower and your eyes notice it, anything higher is cool ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swipk8