3d CARD

N

nevs

ok at the moment i have a voodoo 5 5500 64 mb graphics card with xp and apparantly the problem is i get lots of error ok and i need to buy a new graphics card is the ge force 2 400mx 64 agp good?
or is it work getting the ge force 3
?
idont want to get the ge force 4=to expensive.

plz i need this urgently.

what features does the ge force series have ?

I still use my Voddoo5 5500 AGP 64meg perfectly in XP..
it still does ok for me... no problems at all, but I have drivers I got from voodoofiles.com...

ati cards are pretty good and cheap too... not mind bliowing performance but it'll be more than adequate in yor price range...

just buy the 8500 lew or something its better than g2 and cheaper than g3...,

Well ATI may have good hardware, bu their SHI**Y drivers will always be their curse. There is *always* new drivers for NVidia based cards. This can be taken 2 ways though, they care about there customers and making their gaming experience better and faster, or their drivers are shi**y, I personally take the first opinion.

I say go for the GeForce based card.

or..... to play devils advocate....

Wait for the new Matrox card that is supposed to be coming out, seems to be very interesting.

I beg to differ. The new Omega drivers for ATI cards are very good. You can get them here.

I disagree totally on the ATI driver comment... they work awesome on the ATI All in wonder 7500 we have here on the other system ... you must be using HISTORY as a benchmark to today....

VERY NOT TRUE!

and I'm still a Voodoo FAN...LOL

I will give the new drivers the nod, haven't had experience with them. I just was speaking from history.

I am just going by what I use and what I see... my drivers for my radeon work perfectly fine... my friend just bought the 64 meg version of the 8500 LE and that is just fabulous...

I played RtCW on full features at 1600x1200 and it did not even glitch... perfect rendering...

so it is good... unless you are superhuman and need 50 gazillion fps on the Q3 engine :)

it cost him about 160 USD..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back