3d CARD CONFLICT

N

nevs

ok i have a voodoo 5 5500 in xp , and i ve spoken too a pro about pc's and the errors i get in xp are probaly caused becuase of the conflict between my mother board and 3d card.

does anyone have a kinetz 7ea with a voodoo 5500 pci ?

does anyone have this problem?

please state the nature of the medical emergency... just always wanted to say that :)

whats the problem?

I had issues with buffer overflow due to incorrect drivers for my radeon.. well they were correct... just not working proper... and I rolled back and now everything works fine...

yeah

yeah but since i got my kinetz 7ea mother board it went with lots of problems ?
all i want to know is that does anyone use this motherboard with voodoo 5500?

when i load up it says bad_system_config info and i cant get past it in safe mode or anything not even reinstalling xp ?

any suggestions

apparantly its my voodoo graphics card

I had an issue with voodoo 5500 but with a different motherboard to yours, it caused my system to crash , freeze etc. So I've ditched the card for a ge force 3 and now have no more issues.

I've also heard that voodoo drivers are not compatible with the latest direct x.

ditch the voodoo my son ditch the voodooooooooo..

try out the cust support for voodoo though I doubt it will be that fast... I didn't even call up my lads at ATi I just emailed em and got a response within the hour... I was very happy :)

um.. check out by dling the latest bios and stuff for your mobo...

I suppose you can't do that if you can bootup your system...

there are bootup disk downloads from www.microsoft.com and you can use them to perhaps bootup your system...

can you enter your bios at all and see if you can change the boot sequence to CD first to boot straight from your XP cd ?

I dunno man... never heard of that mobo... sorry you're suffering mate.. try it out and see what happens with the bios...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back