360 Controller PC

N

Not Bman

I have read in many places, I just want to make sure before buy from people I trust.

I am going to buy an original XBOX 360 Wired Controller. Do they work with the pc?

Yes, both the wired and wireless 360 comtrollers work with Windows, the wireless of course requires a separate receiver, but you can buy a bundle at Best Buy. The wired controller should just be plug & play. I have the wireless setup and it works great, plus a lot of newer games are coming pre-setup for the 360 controller.

Edit: There is wired controller software, which you can get from here

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/d...ontroller&name=pk_xbox_cont&os=XP_SP1&lang=en

they worked fine a while back... windows got it's own driver from the internet and everything. then i think we tried it a couple months ago on a diff computer and it asked for a driver and ms wouldn't provide it. but if ms won't give you a driver, it can't be hard to find one on the interweb somewhere. (edit; yeah, emeritus has got it)

fyi, the wireless works if you have the recharge kit with the usb charging cable... works as a hard wired connection.

well futureshop and bestbuy here has the wireless package, but it's 79.99 which is a rip off.

i have the wired one and its really the best pad available

just.. if u wanna get rumble working on old (and not so old too) games u need some 3rd party drivers
if u do get one, post here and i'll give u the link

$30 is pretty good for the official one, and you could always get a third party brand. Third party controllers work great for me, but they never have exactly the same feel due to everybody patenting everything. Also, I have some dead zone issues, which MS controller driver does not let you set.

If you need it, the driver is always easy to find.

right... dead zone issues, i knew it wasnt only the rumble thing

well, here's what i use petros, give it a try

cant remember which one im using, but both should be fine :p

by the way, these drivers use directinput and not the new xinput, so while these have improvements they dont work with xinput based games, like gears of war, asassin's creed and others... i think crysis and r6 vegas also have problems, but to tell u the truth, why would anyone not use a keyboard+mouse setup with those?

also, bman, i think 30$ is not bad.. its really one of the best pads i've ever tried (i think the gamecube one is slightly better, but cant use those on pc :D)

Yea I had a deal for one 6 months ago for like 20 in total, thats why I am hesitant. Also it's like first gen xbox360 controller, so I had to make sure it would work (im assuming they never really changed the controllers).

I think I am going to buy it.

*EDIT

Yea I just bought it on ebay. There are some complications with payment since my paypal wouldn't work, had to use Creditcard. And so on...but hopefully I should have it in a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes works great. Doesn't even have to be an original Xbox controller. You can get your hands on a 3rd party 360 controller and it should work perfectly.

I used one on my MBP for Crysis, was great fun. Some games don't have built in support but Pinnacle Game Profiler does a reasonably good job with those.

Is there Vista drivers for the wired controller? I hope so, I can't find them?

*edit, found them! Actually Vista detected it right away, found the latest drivers (i checked and made sure) and installed them. Working great. I am starting to really love Vista!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wireless one if great, however i tend to leave it unplugged as it either knocks my wireless signal off or boosts the range judging by the wireless bars, so good and bad points on that front lol. other than that v.ease to use and set up. Dunno if u need vista for the wireless one tho? Another thing...Alone in the dark doesnt seem to find the wireless one if ur gona be getting that game.

I think any game with the "Games for Windows" thing on it should support the XBox 360 Controller

Yea most likley,

and I am getting Alone in the Dark actually, and I already knew that. My friend is having issues with his controllers and the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back