350Watt PSU

Sazar

Rest In Peace
eh ok :)

just wanted to find out.. and I am being picky here coz I am strapped for cash...

I have ordered an MSi turbo mobo (via KT-333) and an 1800+ CPU... wanted to find out about the power supply... 350 should be more than enough but I want to make sure... should I spend extra for 400 or should it support the cpu/cd-rw/DVD combo/tv tuner/vid/2-hdd and more stuff I am going to be putting it...

mind most of this stuff works fine on my current rig which has a P.O.S. psu in it...but please endeavor to enlighten...

I suppose the answer will be a yes it will work fine... but don't let that stop you from posting.. I want to know about potential glitches :)

cheers lads...

btw.. reason for getting msi 333 chipset board? its cheap/well known/from a vendor down the street so I can return it (have talked to em already :D ) does NOT have an SiS chipset and MAIN reason is it has pretty colors...

I have heard so many stories about power supply wattage its just to much. Listen the power supply should be from a reliable company who does not cut corners. There are 300w power supplys out there than can kick a 400w ass. Its all about the company not giving the customer the finger. So do your research and choose wisely. (btw) AMD proc do have a ravenous appetite:) and MSI makes great boards so dont worry.

cheers mate...

reason I asked was for about 5 bucks more I can GET the case I wanted (its a nice gray/white combo and its a FULL SIZE... made of metal... not crummy plastic) and I can buy the same wattage psu from Antec...

the one at the shop I saw seemed a bit iffy... but then I did not have the opportunity to pull it out of the case and take a look at it...

anyhoo.. you are saying I can also use a 300 watt PSU ? would that be safe?

Originally posted by Terrahertz
I have heard so many stories about power supply wattage its just to much. Listen the power supply should be from a reliable company who does not cut corners. There are 300w power supplys out there than can kick a 400w ass. Its all about the company not giving the customer the finger. So do your research and choose wisely. (btw) AMD proc do have a ravenous appetite:) and MSI makes great boards so dont worry.

thats soooo true ;)

a decent 350 watt should do the trick m8...

MdSalih

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back