~33 dead in Virginia Tech shooting rampage

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
A gunman opened fire in a dorm and classroom at Virginia Tech on Monday, killing at least 21 (with some media outlets saying as many as 32) people in the deadliest campus shooting in U.S. history. The gunman also was killed.

“Today the university was struck with a tragedy that we consider of monumental proportions,” said Virginia Tech president Charles Steger. “The university is shocked and indeed horrified.”

The university reported shootings at opposite sides of the 2,600-acre campus, beginning at about 7:15 a.m. at West Ambler Johnston, a co-ed residence hall that houses 895 people, and continuing about two hours later at Norris Hall, an engineering building.

Some but not all the dead were students. One student was killed in a dorm and the others were killed in the classroom, said Virginia Tech Police Chief W.R. Flinchum.

The name of the gunman was not released. It was not known if he was a student.

via http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=39494

-----------------------------------------------------

What can be said?!

Re: 21+ dead in Virginia Tech shooting rampage

31 reported dead now. jeez

Umm... wow, This is horrible.

It is absolutely horrible that there are people like this. =\ How sad.

Live press meeting right now.

What a Horrible Day

A lone gunman is dead after killing 31 people at two sites at Virginia Tech, a state official told CNN. Virginia Tech president called the massacre a "incomprehensible, heinous act." Virginia Rep. Randy Forbes said he understands the shooter was a student and that he turned the gun on himself.

A very very sad day... God Bless VT

Everyone seems to be talking about this today...what is really going to cause a firestorm is that there were two shootings done by the same guy 2 hours apart. The first shooting he killed 2 people, and then the rest were killed in the second shooting.

Makes me want to start bringing a gun to school :x

It is a very sad day for sure , here in Montreal we lived this a little while back at the Dawson College shooting , my son's girlfriend Jen was there and saw wounded students and heard the shots fired she is still not recovered from this fully, god bless all the families involved ...

side note: this is where the right the bare arms is not a right its a wrong.

No. Thats all I am gona say about this but this is not a gun control issue. Blaming a gun for something like this is not an answer. This is a Social issue.

<wont say anything else about this>

Lot's of arguments for and against that. But as the saying goes, "Guns don't kill people, people do".

It's sad really when someone has so much rage inside them and at the same time some twisted idea of a death wish to go out in some twisted blaze of glory. Where the hell is the glory in being remembered as some pathetically twisted individual that killed a bunch of innocent people? If they just want to end their lives why not just end it? Maybe they just want to be remembered and they don't give a shiit how or for what. Empty useless lives and then to take other's lives just for them to feel that their life had some sort of frickin meaning. That's just sick. Gives a sick shiitty meaning to the phrase, "Misery loves company". :(

Last edited:

I didn't realize until reading this thread that it happens at two different sites, two hours apart. How the hell did that happen?

I didn't realize until reading this thread that it happens at two different sites, two hours apart. How the hell did that happen?

Thats the real question here, seems there were 2 killed around 7am then the same loser went balistic !

The police thought he ran away after the first shooting...unfortunately for the other 30 or so victims.

Yeah, nuts.
Apparently things were returning to normal after the first shootings ( !!!? ), so they weren't expecting any other shootings (if thats a good way of phrasing it)

Quite simply sickening. Schools and Universities are for the education and the furthering of knowledge. We need a Red Dwarf style crime displacement field, ie so that were you to knock someone on the head with a shovel only you would feel the effect.

Lot's of arguments for and against that. But as the saying goes, "Guns don't kill people, people do".
maybe, but I think the gun helps, you cant really stand over someone and yell "BANG" and have them drop to the floor dead. Well unless they have a serious heart condition.

Saying this isnt a gun control issue is just stupid, if you couldn't get a gun, you couldn't kill someone with it.

Alternatively I like Chris Rocks idea of Bullet Control. If a bullet cost like $100 or better $1000 then when someone was shot they'd have to have really pissed someone off.

^ Yeah but there would always be a black market for regular bullets.

The gunman who killed 30 people at Virginia Tech's Norris Hall before turning the gun on himself was student Cho Seung-Hui, university police Chief Wendell Flinchum said Tuesday.University officials said they were still trying to determine if Cho was responsible for an earlier shooting at a dormitory that left two dead.
However, Flinchum said ballistics tests show that one of the two guns recovered at Norris Hall was used at Norris and at the dorm.
Cho, a 23-year-old South Korean and resident alien, lived at the university's Harper Hall, Flinchum said. He was an English major, the chief said.
Cho was a loner and authorities are having a hard time finding information about him, said Harry Hincker, associate vice president for university relations.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting/index.html

On a sadder note (if there can be one) the Professor I linked to above has been confirmed killed.

^ Yeah but there would always be a black market for regular bullets.

True but like we saw in "Bowling for Columbine" Places like K-Mart were handing out bullets like candy .... and they stopped .. so that being said on the black market things can always be purchased we all aggree here , but making it more difficult is always a good way to start.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back