32 to 64 bit transfer

trackrat

Birmingham UK
Is it possible to transfer the data off my old computer (32bit) to the new one I am building (64bit)
The old one has XP home on it the new one will have XP Pro 64 bit Edition on it.
If it is possible, can the transfer be done with a crossover cable.

Yes, it's no problem at all. The 32 bit and 64 bit fact has no inpact what so ever. It's just how big instructions in the CPU are (allowed to be).

The XP64 is still just beta though, so that might cause problems.

But yes, crossover cable will do nicely. That plus some networking set up to get it working. ;)

might wanna use 32 bit until the final release of the 64bit. it will run faster like that anyways

themafia.69 said:
might wanna use 32 bit until the final release of the 64bit. it will run faster like that anyways
I have just been reading an article in PC Advisor on the 64 bit XP OS and it says that a lot of 32 bit code for drivers of hardware and peripherals is not recognised in the beta version so I will take your advise and use the 32 bit till it is sorted out.

dual boot to the trial version of 64 xp, it's free...then frequent the ms 64 news group to get support and to support others

ps...there's a great chance if you register for their 64 trial they'll give you the finnished project.

so GET CRACKIN

Hmm you really think they will give you a free copy? I tried signing up for it right now but it gives me some asp error when trying to download or order the cd.

I have downloaded the ISO and burnt it to disk, how do I register, or did I do it to download the ISO as I cannot remember.

sk8caliguy00 said:
Hmm you really think they will give you a free copy? I tried signing up for it right now but it gives me some asp error when trying to download or order the cd.
you have to keep trying...it took me two weeks to get to the registration page

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back