30th June Update

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
An SQL query went balls up and as a result all forum posts were given to one user, this is obviously not good, so I did a restore of the posts table (just 1 table). Sadly this table was from the 18th/19th June so a few posts have been lost.

Users are not affected and the few glitches that are present will disappear as new posts reappear.

Returning users may have lost their posts once more (as the post table was used to resolve them - so if you notice a deep decline in posts send me a quick mail and I will resort it out for you)

Aparet from that everything seems to be running fine once more and I will be doing manual backups of the database evey day until X-istence returns in September.

Gonna go hide now.

Electronic Punk said:
An SQL query went balls up and as a result all forum posts were given to one user
postcount++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I thought I had gone mad. The last post I saw was from June 19th :huh: Does this mean all posts dating from June 19th are lost? Or are they just in the wrong place?

Yeah, it's strange... like we went back in time. :eek:

Probably lost and I just professed my undying love and devotion to another member here in a thread today. It is gone now and I may not have the nerve to post it again. I hope you know who you are. Holla at me.

hye ep u want me to send u an email about my post count...cept i think u should know now why i would be sending u an email. its done quite some...cant member how much tho. This kinda sucks that all these posts r gone :(. but i am sure u can all get them back right? i mean u got back all the old posts and stuff back.

at least it wasn't 2 years this time. but yeah, definatly mail or PM me if your pre-jan5th posts are no longer there and you are sure they should be.

All of us who post often each day will have lost a considerable number of posts. If I understood EP correctly, he is only restoring post counts to those members who have just returned since the switch to OSNN. As for us regulars, I don't think we'll be getting our post counts back as there's probably no way to verify exactly what they were. EP, correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Edit: Pre-Jan 5th... what I figured. ;)

NOTE: No Reputation Points were harmed during the making of this posts table restore.

**** to rep points! :p

(edit) Arse is censored.. that's no fun :(

alright...i guess i misunderstood :\. o well still glad to be able to use the forums again :)

SPeedY_B said:
**** to rep points! :p

(edit) **** is censored.. that's no fun :(

I was wondering what word you used there. :p
And how did you get it to show anyway? Magical powers?

ahhhh crap, that is why my whole HDD thread is gone. Thought I was losing it. I take it I need to re-create my thread then?

xsivforce said:
Probably lost and I just professed my undying love and devotion to another member here in a thread today. It is gone now and I may not have the nerve to post it again. I hope you know who you are. Holla at me.

* Bytes dog Notsofluffy blushes *

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back