30ms LCD Monitor.

Cen0x™

OSNN Fanatic.
Hey guys..

I'v just got my new 18' MAG Innovision LCD monitor..
and i saw that the response speed of this monitor is 30ms..
im not so happy with that and the games running with ghost effects
is there anyway i can do something about that ? i just want my games to run
better on this monitor.

any help will be greatly appreciated , Thank you.

-Cen0x™

18 feet!? That's amazing!!! :p

Was the monitor advertised with a better response time, or did you not take a look at that spec before you purchased it?

you are just CRUEL musikool....
LOL
:D

Cen0x™ said:
nope its a b-day present.

Although its a nice birthday present ... i would opt to make some excuse to whomever you received the gift from that it doesnt quite work as it should with your particular system. Maybe they could return it and give you a gift certificate in which you could use with maybe a lil more cash to get one with 15ms or less response?

Obviously whomever gave it to you knows what you are using it for and Im almost certain they would understand your request and would probably be delighted to help you out being they gave you the monitor for gaming :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, the 30ms response time is written in stone and is probably being generous as most ratings are.

Im not knocking your monitor or whomever gave you the item as a gift either. I dunno how old you are ..but it seems a pretty generous gift.:)

It is a nice gift, but I agree that you need to find some way of getting a different monitor. You can definitely get an LCD for the same dollar amount (or less) that has a much better response time, so you shouldn't have an issue with needing more money. 25ms or less is recommended for gaming, but I recommend less than 20ms. There really isn't much you can do to prevent ghosting with a 30ms response time, which is why we're going straight to suggesting a different monitor altogether.

muzikool said:
It is a nice gift, but I agree that you need to find some way of getting a different monitor. You can definitely get an LCD for the same dollar amount (or less) that has a much better response time, so you shouldn't have an issue with needing more money. 25ms or less is recommended for gaming, but I recommend less than 20ms. There really isn't much you can do to prevent ghosting with a 30ms response time, which is why we're going straight to suggesting a different monitor altogether.

trainmaster77 said:
Although its a nice birthday present ... i would opt to make some excuse to whomever you received the gift from that it doesnt quite work as it should with your particular system. Maybe they could return it and give you a gift certificate in which you could use with maybe a lil more cash to get one with 15ms or less response?

Obviously whomever gave it to you knows what you are using it for and Im almost certain they would understand your request and would probably be delighted to help you out being they gave you the monitor for gaming
Unfortunately, the 30ms response time is written in stone and is probably being generous as most ratings are.

Im not knocking your monitor or whomever gave you the item as a gift either. I dunno how old you are ..but it seems a pretty generous gift.

Thanks you guys.. appreciate the help really !
i talked to my parents and they said they still can change the monitor
now im focused on 17" Samsung SyncMaster 710N lcd monitor with 12ms response time..

Thank you guys. !

Samsung makes some good LCDs. That would have been one of my recommendations. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back