30 second limit and-Warning: Page has Expired The page...

J

Jmtyra

Ok, I can understand the 30 second limitation, and I respect that. But when I press back to go to everything that I typed I get this:

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

That is dang annoying. I know this is not my computer because this only happens here. I visit 12 other forums and 2 of them use vBulletin as used here so what can I do to prevent this? Any comments/feedback is appreciated because this is very annoying. Sorry to vent but I just lost a rather large post to that--twice. :(

Cant say it happens here.
It has happened to me before now (not on this site) but only when using IE, i use Mozilla now :happy:

I use CrazyBrowser (which uses IE).

I have been checking my settings to see if that has something to do with it.

*sigh* :(

I'd think its a cache setting.
IE/CB isnt keeping the page/what you wrote in memory/cache, so when you return back after receiving the warning, the page has expired.

A tip i will give you tho is wait on the page that tells you about not being able to post for 30 seconds... then press refresh. As the data has been posted to that page already, refreshing will re-post the data, but the time limit will have passed by.

Thanks! I will try that next time. I apprecaite the feedback. :) :blink: :happy:

This is a combination of HTML forms and the browser. There is no way to prevent it from happening. MSIE knows you have submitted something using a form and warns you that the data (when you refresh) will be different. The message clearly states this.

It has nothing to do with the forum settings. It's MSIE itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back