3 Vista issues...

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
1) Microsoft Intellimouse 2.0 drivers. I miss my horizontal scroll wheel...

2) Unknown device in device manager and I can't figure out what the hell it is. I have an nforce2 mobo and my guess is that it might be something to do with nvraid. I'm not running raid.

3) I have a Hawking 54G wireless card. I can't figure out how to make it automatically connect. Also, when I manually connect, I get a limited connection error but I I "ask" windows to investigate this, it says there is no error and connects.

My wireless isn't hawking, but I can't automatically connect from hibernation, as well as startup. It's been an issue for a long time. Unless I've overlooked something, but either way, I think that should be a default.

Ah, I had the same problem with my intellimouse, I ran Windows Update and then it started working! Try that mate.

mine didnt like coming out of sleep, and sometimes going into screensaver caused it to lockup. Back to XP now, need something a wee bit more stable for development work :p

Yeah, I get a lot of Lockups. Media files like Flash files, and .wav files seem to be complete lockups. The g/f is getting sick of it. So I might take the laptop back to XP and just wait on Vista, although it's fun reinstalling the new version of vista every other week.

So I might take the laptop back to XP and just wait on Vista, although it's fun reinstalling the new version of vista every other week.

Have to agree with you there. I'm getting some crazy freeze ups. Having about 6 tabs in Firefox is about enough to get my cpu at 100%. WMP trying to find new files took about a day with a folder that had 2 cd's in it. Not to mention the screensaver lag out when I get back on or switch users.

It sounds like your issues are worse than mine. My laptop is just an Athlon XP 1800, with 768mb ram, a Radeon 320m video card, and a 40GB 5400RPM HD.

yeah, that's my main compy. It's driving me nuts. Thinking about trying the 64bit edition....

I can't try that. Don't really want to. Either way, I've had my fun with Vista. It doesn't impress me as much now.

I have tried both versions and the 32bit is a lot more compatable with drivers than the 64bit.

It's not the version that is the factor, it's the amount of 32-bit drivers currently available vs. the amount of 64-bit drivers currently available :)

3) I have a Hawking 54G wireless card. I can't figure out how to make it automatically connect. Also, when I manually connect, I get a limited connection error but I I "ask" windows to investigate this, it says there is no error and connects.

Try disabling IPv6 for that connection.

I’m having problems with actually just displaying what’s on my hard drives as Vista hides everything on my old C drive except for the Vista installation which under XP was the D drive (which XP boots from) and I can’t seem to locate any utility to display what’s actually on the drives in terms of files.

You can search for them but this is tedious and unnecessary as I already know where they are, what a mess.

:eek:

I had this problem too, and there is a way to solve it, I just forget it off the top of my head. I'll let you know when I boot back into Vista.

How about the Windows Firewall mate? Disable the service and reboot.

Not sure whats going on there Dave, only got one partition for my install and can see all on the C:\ drive. (not actually tried an upgrade yet)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back