2X MAX speed on my CD-R! CDRW4012P

D

DreXP2000

2X MAX Speed on my CDR!
I have a Philips CDRW4012P and lately the burner has been acting up. When I'm about to burn a cd in Nero, before the a medium is inserted the max speed says 40X and when the medium is inserted the max speed drops down to 2X!! I thought it would be my CD-R's but I tried other brands and every cd i put in would give me a 2X max speed. I don't know what's going on. And even if i tried burning on 2x it wont let me, i'd get some weird errors in nero. I also tried using other programs and its the same thing.

Do you think my burner went bad? I'm going to try to test in another computer and see what happens. But for now, anybody got any ideas on what's going on?

The nero is up to date also.
Thanks in advance.

Yeah my burner is on Multi Word DMA 2
It's not on PIO... Any more ideas?

Its the part when I put the cd-r in there, thats when it changes the speed to 2x... thats the part i dont get..

I have found a link for a new firmware for your cdrw here http://216.127.93.172/forum/dl_firmware.php?download_id=605 which is quite new so it may support more media brands/types.
Does it drop down to 2x when you try to copy off hard drive or on the fly...or just all the time ?.

Also disable Windows XP Built-in Burning Program

Press on the Start Button at the bottom left of your Desktop,

Goto Run and when it opens copy and paste or just type in,

" %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s "

Without the Comma's . Then press OK.

Scroll down to "IMAPI CD-Burning Com Service" and double click on it.

When it opens Select Disabled then select OK and close the Service Window and then reboot.

If at any time you want to enable it all you need to do is reverse the procedure and select Manual or Auto.

Also are your hard drives set in Ultra Dma mode too?.

I will keep looking for some reference to your problem.

Thanks for the replies.

The IMAPA thing is already disabled from previous troubleshooting. The CD writer gives me the 2x Max speed when I try to burn ANYTHING. But if I take the CD out of the writer, the 40X speed comes back again. Yes I did try using different brand of Cd's, still the same error. The Firmware is up to date. I'm beginning to think it might be the cd-burner it self.:( :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back