2wire 1000hw verizon setup

see if any of this will help.

1) try flushing the dns

goto cmd.exe

ipconfig /flushdns

2) Set the dns in the modem manually to:
&

if your still using the router, forward to dns to the router ip address.

4)Turn dhcp off and manually assign an ip to all the pc's

5) Use a keep-alive program, this basically pings an address, so your isp keeps your connection active, alternatively you could write a basic batch program to run every 30 mins to ping say microsoft.com

If all this has been suggested before sorry.

see if any of this will help.

1) try flushing the dns

goto cmd.exe

ipconfig /flushdns

2) Set the dns in the modem manually to:
&

4)Turn dhcp off and manually assign an ip to all the pc's

5) Use a keep-alive program, this basically pings an address, so your isp keeps your connection active, alternatively you could write a basic batch program to run every 30 mins to ping say microsoft.com

If all this has been suggested before sorry.

i flushed, but im lost when you say this

"

4)Turn dhcp off and manually assign an ip to all the pc's"

Them oden has a built in router....and for assigning, i go to cmd>ipconfig/all and use those settings?

I just had a visit from the DSL line man and we talked about this. DSL quality drops rapidly wth distance. So if they sell you a 3 mbps service its is only 3 mpbs within 6000 feet of the Switch Station or repeater R/T. AT&T will only connect you at 80% of your tested speed to avoid drop out when data quality varies.

If Verizon is connecting you at full speed and you are far from the Switch/repeater you WILL get high packet loss and disconnects.

Use dslreports to run speed, ping and line quality checks. It's free. If the reults indicate a problem call verizon and complain. Warning. They may fix the problem by dropping the connection speed.

My results are paying for 3, get 2.5 at the wall, get 2.4 inside the house, derated to 80% gives me 2.0 the way AT&T counts but only 1.7 when measured by DSLreports. I am stable as a rock though.

The way they get away with this is they call it a 1.5-3 mbps service. By going from 1.5 to 3 serivce I only got a 30% increase in download speed.

PS Being a type A personality I talked then into changing my physical connection to a newly installed repeater R/T they installed about 6000 feet from my house instead of the old line going to the switch station 17000 feet away.

I'll know in about a week if this helps. If not I cancel the 3.0 and go back to 1.5 service (just to piss them off, I can live with what I have now).

Oki ran the speed test for ya..here is what i got

dslreports.com speed test 2006-10-16 22:52:01 EST:
1532 / 384 Kbps or 187 / 46.9 KB/sec
Compared to the average of 1490 tests from verizon.net:
* download is 68% worse, upload is 62% worse

Now when i got ot the line quality test it says it will t ake a while..so ill get back to you....

Also i pretty sure its the modem..id didnt have this problem with my wetsell modem with the router...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back