2wire 1000hw verizon setup

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
IM GOIN CRAZY!!! on the 2wire site ih as like 20 digit keys for connecting to isp's (dhcp)...the verizon one doesnt work. Ive searched and searched, but i know some of you are like crazy searchers...can someone please help me out...also i was reading a way to det up using a log in, but i dont know my verizon username and pw to kog online

http://2wire.com/?p=268

uggg

Ok ok, im doin something different..im setting up the router not dhcp, but static. I used the IP and everything from my westell settings....and its wrokin...is having your wireless dsl modem connected static ok???

also i have the wireless internet setup, and my pc connects, but i cant go online...hmm....

im hookin up my old setup untill i can get this resolved...any help is great!

Last edited by a moderator:
IM GOIN CRAZY!!! on the 2wire site ih as like 20 digit keys for connecting to isp's (dhcp)...the verizon one doesnt work. Ive searched and searched, but i know some of you are like crazy searchers...can someone please help me out...also i was reading a way to det up using a log in, but i dont know my verizon username and pw to kog online

http://2wire.com/?p=268

uggg

If the key you are supposed to use from your ISP doesn't work, I would call your ISP. If you feel you need a username/password to login to your connection, and you don't know the credentials, call your ISP.

Get the theme here ;)

Things not working is one thing, but not having the proper information to get things to work is quite another.

Ok ok, im doin something different..im setting up the router not dhcp, but static. I used the IP and everything from my westell settings....and its wrokin...is having your wireless dsl modem connected static ok???

also i have the wireless internet setup, and my pc connects, but i cant go online...hmm....

im hookin up my old setup untill i can get this resolved...any help is great!

I don't know why you would change anything in regards to IP on the router itself. Most routers will essentially have a static IP, but more along the likes of 192.168.x.x - whereas it sounds as if you are trying to assign your public IP handed out by your ISP, to your Router.

What I would recommend is you disconnect your linksys for now, hook your PC into your Westell directly, and then call your ISP. At that point, if the connection isn't working it's their problem to figure out. Not trying to be direct you elsewhere, but they would know the proper configuration and settings to get you up and running.

At that point, they may/may not help you get the router to work. But we could always help you with that ;)

In some 2wires that I have set up the key is the bar code on the wireless router. I don't know why they did this, but it is only in certain models. I don't know whcih models functioned like that.

yea i hate talkin to verizon..a bunch of animals with poo.....but ill give it a shot and get back ta ya

Chief, how would you set up a router....verizon sucks and wont help me....

If the key you are supposed to use from your ISP doesn't work, I would call your ISP. If you feel you need a username/password to login to your connection, and you don't know the credentials, call your ISP.

Get the theme here ;)

Things not working is one thing, but not having the proper information to get things to work is quite another.

I don't know why you would change anything in regards to IP on the router itself. Most routers will essentially have a static IP, but more along the likes of 192.168.x.x - whereas it sounds as if you are trying to assign your public IP handed out by your ISP, to your Router.

What I would recommend is you disconnect your linksys for now, hook your PC into your Westell directly, and then call your ISP. At that point, if the connection isn't working it's their problem to figure out. Not trying to be direct you elsewhere, but they would know the proper configuration and settings to get you up and running.

At that point, they may/may not help you get the router to work. But we could always help you with that ;)

Dude..i got it all workin by my self. I took all the settings like ip..submask..Df...and dns..and set it up static and got the wireless workin...im pretty happy..verizon gave me the run around likethey ALWAYS do...but is havin a dsl modem/router setup static ok?

Good to hear you got it working :)

What values on your router did you configure statically?

These settings. Its been weird, the router will work off and one, now sometimes with static set up and others now dhcp works...its pretty weird!

Ha i forgot to add the pic...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 696
I don't see a point/benefit to giving it a Static IP, I would believe that means your ISP gives you a Static IP, which it doesn't unless you pay extra monthly for it.

I would leave as DHCP.

its on dhcp, but it always is loosing its connection, i have to reset the router like every hour or so...why is that?

Last edited:
Could be something with the router itself, have you verified you have the most up-to-date firmware?

Try taking the router out of the equation? See if you can run at least one of the PC's hooked into your DSL Modem directly for a few days, see how stable the connection is.

i could, but the modem/router iis hooke dup in my parnets office, they dont go online but maybe 10 mina day...so even if i did that, i would have no way of "testing" it..ya see? It weird, when i loose the internet, i go to the router ui and that pic i posted..i just chnagethe setting from manual to auto and it works...very weird...

Ok i was gone for the weekend and left my computer off, told my mom is the internet died to let me know and how mnay times. Within a day it was down 15 times.....but after a while it just starts working...any ideas??

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back