2nd hard drive ?

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
I add a sec HD just for storage. Now my HD light stays lit al the time instead of just when one of the HD's are running. Did I do something wrong or is there a way to fix this so the light isnt on all the time.

Thanks

this may sound a little basic but have you got the cable connected the right way around, i.e. the red strip to pin 1.
of course drive probably won't work if you did. but thats what happens (light being on) when floppy drive is connect wrong :)

LOL - I did that once, mixed up the floppy and HD IDE cabling - LOL

Yeah swap the ends around.

Originally posted by Khayman
this may sound a little basic but have you got the cable connected the right way around, i.e. the red strip to pin 1.
of course drive probably won't work if you did. but thats what happens (light being on) when floppy drive is connect wrong :)

I guess it's plugged in right because I have been using the drive for 3 or 4 months.

It could be your master/slave settings on the drives
Are both drives on the same cable ? or are they on separate cables ?
Check your jumpers on the drives , the bios screen might give you some clue when your booting up .

Usually best performance would be achieved with each drive being a master on it's own ide channel .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back