2k Vs. Xp

G

Gobbles

Ok here is the story
my friend rekons that 2k is better than XP
i dont
could anyone help me by informing me of the things that 2k has that XP doesnt and why 2k could ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be better

Potenial for XP is great, just need to wait till its developed a bit more, still buggy and a little uncompatible.

Windows 2000 has service packs which have been developed over the years, just hang in there for the XP ones(and companies to develope XP compatible products).

Dont get me wrong, Windows 2k is very nice:p

i like windows xp jus fine. I dont see a problem with the system.

XP in my opinion is 100x better than 2K

Looks better , games are better more things to play with :)

Depends on the system. XP can be a compatiblity nightmare if you don't have the newest equipment.

XP works great! even on my parents' P2 300mhz with 128 BLT....its much faster than w2k even tho M$ says w2k may be faster than xp on systems <800mhz

i am really beginning to dislike XP. Everything is just running slower for me, and I got 512 megs of RAM and a decently fast 750 Mhz Athlon. Windows 2000 was a heck of a lot faster at running programs, multitasking, and games. I get 68 FPS in Q3 with XP and around 81 in Win2k, 800x600 HQ with a GeForce2MX. I get around 100 % CPU usage in XP from time to time for no real reason even if the system was idle for a bit, its just uncomfortable to use from time to time. The only upside is games compatibility, games like High Stakes can run easily now without compatibility updates. I think after a few service packs it may be better but right now I like 2000, but I am staying with my XP/98 dual for now.

Funny... I had the same problem with 2K.. that's why I moved to XP.

XP > 2k imho.

I love Win 2k... I use the ADS version on my workstaion when I an get away with it... That is when there's no other users...

It's not as "friendly" as Xp but I think it's more stable and maybe faster...

Xp does have a lot of nice wizards though...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back