2hhd 1cdrom 1cdrw how to

W

whogivesa

hi
when I set up Xp I had 1 hhd and my writer. Every thing was ok
so i put in my other hhd and my cdrom. C:\ as master ide 1
and cdrom slave. Writer as master on ide 2 2nd hhd as slave. But when I tried to reboot got blue screen with heeps of writing. So I swap every thing about put 2 hhd on same ribbon and cdroms on the other Xp started up ok. Is this just an Xp thing or is there some thing I am missing.

amd 800 128meg XP Pro

you'd have to let us know what the blue screen said the error was, it's possible you had a jumper wrong or such or you need to change the boot.ini first...just let us know what the error on the blue screen is :)

i have mine as

hd as master on 1
cdwr as slave on 1

dvd as master on 2
hd as slave on 2
(i've also had these two the other way around)

always worked ok

not sure if this is bs but I heard you never put the burner and cd-rom on the same ide channel...get buffer and underrun errors....never tried it I always do it master hard drive burner slave...and ide2 back up drive and cd rom..

thanks for all your help. Plugged up everything the way it show be, then i ran the repair function on xp disk, deleted all system files and set up again when it had finished everything working great. Thanks again to all who replied

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back