Z

zoyvod

Is it certain that all drivers (the no fixed ones) are going to have a
refresh rate problem?How this bug affects the games?

the refresh rate fix isn't really a driver problem...it's a XP problem...the driver fix is just an easy way of getting around it...the only way it would effect games is if you have V-sync Enabled the games will play at the default windows resolution of 60hz instead of the optimal resolution of your monitor hence you'd only get a max of 60 FPS

thank very much.
My monitor is set to 85Hz and it doesn't seem to be getting less.
I just bought a 3d blaster gf4 ti4600 and I would like to know which are the best drivers for it.the 28.32 the 27.50 (which where in the instalation cd of the card) or the 23.11?

28.32 are the official drivers and therefore recommended. I don't know if the 23.11 divers even supportt the GeForce4 ;)

V-SYNC

so if I dont enable the v-sync I wont have any problem with the refresh rate.For example blood omen 2 has an ingame refresh rate setting which I set it to 85Hz with the v-sync disabled I cant be able to reach this refresh rate?

Hi i have wrote a couple of times in a couple of times about the refresh problem.
I know im fairly clued up on p.c's but i must admitt i don't know where or how to enable/disable this "v"setting.
with windows ME i just left settings in Adapter tab at optium instead of default and this keep my display at the highest refresh rate supported by my monitor at ach resolution change.
So i would be thankful to know how to disable the setting you mention.
And if it was a simple as that why would someone bother to devise a refreshrate programme?.

john the answer about creating the refrsh program is some people like V-sync enabled. as for the setting for it. it's under your display, settings, advanced, then there should be a tab with the name of your card, then go into additional properties and there is a setting under openGL and under direct3D

nvreffix

I installed the new fixed drivers 28.32 and every game I tested works fine at 85Hz.Some said that 3Dmark 2001 SE doesn't work with the fixed drivers.Well they worked just fine to me.

I still have the refresh problem with the latest official Nvidia drivers. This is starting to annoy me now :p

refresh rate

Have you installed the fixed 28.32 detonators and then the nvreffix?Because it worked for me.

Refresh rate fix only works with the modified drivers

If you don't want to use modified ones, and prefer official, use a very nice and simple freeware utility called MultiRes. get it from www.entechtaiwan.com It works with all video cards, not just nVidia, since ATI and others often have the same problem.

Frankly, I would prefer to use MultiRes than modify the drivers, since I love stability and big uptimes :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back