27.42 refresh rate fix?

N

npfanz

I have the refresh rate fix, and I also downloaded the file that you need in order to fix the refresh rate on the new 27.42 drivers. But what do I do with the file? I know it explained everything on the site I got it from but I can't access the site anymore (too much traffic). It's a .inf file, and I don't know where it would go. The 27.42 drivers I have are in an .exe file...

Also, with the refresh rate fix is there any way to have it fix only games? I want to run games at whatever fps they can get to so I don't want windows screwing with it, but now I can't select a lower refresh rate for my desktop. Before using the fix I could select 60, 65, 70, 75.... Now the only option is 85hz. I suppose I should just be happy that the fix lets me view the games properly, (is that the right word?) but I don't know that I need my desktop set at such a high refresh rate. (Is there even a big difference between settings on the desktop?)

After using the fix I get a friendly reminder from microsoft that the system has "recovered from a serious error" every time I restart my computer. I don't know if the refresh rate fix is what has caused my computer to continually experience a serious error, but it is the only non windows-kosher program I used before the errors started. Its more of a nuisance than anything else, but if I could get rid of that I would be very happy.

Thanks,
Nick

Thanks, yeah I found them. I had the file from that site, but when I tried to access the site for instructions I got a message saying that it had exceeded its limit so I couldn't view the page.

Thanks

Resolutions w/ New Drivers?

I have a 19" Flat Screen and I'm currently at 1600x1200 w/ a crappy refresh of 60Hz. Do any of you get better refresh rates at that resolution? If so then I will update my drivers.

What are the risks of using these updated drivers and what have been the side effects so far- everyone?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back