24: Season 4

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
The DVD box set for this season comes out tomorrow (Tuesday). Any fans here going to be getting it? I don't ever watch the episodes on TV, I just wait for the DVDs every year. I tried to do that with Lost, but I just couldn't take it! :p

Well I love the show, watched about half the first season on DVD. So I'm about three and a half seasons behind. It's on Christmas break the to-do list. :p

Wow. That's some fun you've got in store for yourself!

muzikool said:
Wow. That's some fun you've got in store for yourself!

I'm not sure if I detect some sarcasm here :lick:

No, that really would be fun. :p Wish I had the free time.

Well, I it's going to be awesome because I won't have college for 28 days! Woot!

The reason I'm looking forward to the college break is because the college kids in my building will be gone home for that amount of time. It will be quieter and easier to find a parking space! :D

Wow, do I sound old? I've only been out of college 2 years. :p

muzikool said:
The reason I'm looking forward to the college break is because the college kids in my building will be gone home for that amount of time. It will be quieter and easier to find a parking space! :D

Wow, do I sound old? I've only been out of college 2 years. :p

Based on the line I've emphasized, yes :eek:

I find it hard to believe only two people enjoy 24.

Yeah, maybe people are missing the thread?

I LOVES me some 24. I think its weird how Fox keeps finding great dramas (24, House, Prison Break) but can't find an audience for the best comedy since Seinfeld (Arrested Development). Anyways, 24 is an amazing show. I think season 1 and 2 are the best. Season 3 was just weird with the drug lords and prison breaks and all. Season 4 was awesome except for....

The death of the bad guy at the end of episode 24. It looked like something out of the original Superman movie.

Last edited:
Thanks for telling us it was a spoiler, but there are spoiler tags

[ s p o i l e r ] [ / s p o i l e r ] without the spaces, of course. :)

I haven't watched Season 4 yet, so we can't really discuss it.

Fixed it. That is better looking and now no one will inadvertantly read it and be pissed at me.

:up: Thanks.

So without being too specific, how did Season 4 compare to the others? You liked it better than 3, but not as much as 1 and 2?

All of the seasons are good. 3 just required such a leap of faith to believe, that one got a lot better the 2nd half of the season. 4 on the other hand was consistently good and for the most part believable. It also had a lot of new charcters plus some returning faces that were a welcome surprise. If you can avoid the ads for Season 5 you'll be happy cause they pretty much give away the ending of season 4. Although the DVD of season 4 is supposed to have a "setup" piece explaining what has happened between 4 & 5. I'd suggest watching that after 4 but before 5 starts in mid January.

I'm going to try and finish Season 4 before 5 begins. I haven't been able to do it the past couple of years, but maybe I'll be able to this time.

I always avoid the ads when they come on TV. My wife will watch them, but I'll just leave the room or plug my ears and not watch. :laugh: The same goes for Lost -- I won't even watch the "Next Time" preview at the end of an episode.

Not sure if anyone is still reading this but I hope so! I found this "real" rejection letter sent by the producers to some schmuck who wrote a spec script for 24..

Thank you for your script “5:00 – 6:00 P.M.” Unfortunately it does not fit our needs. There were a number of choices you made that suggest you’re not really familiar with our show. On page 12 you have Jack eating. No one ever eats. You also refer to take-out cartons strewn all over CTU. For future reference, only agents and approved personnel are given security clearance to CTU, not Domino Pizza boys. We pride ourselves on reality. On page 16 you have Jack saying he needs to use the bathroom. Why not a manicure? We have no time for such frivolous activities.

Pay careful attention to the clock. You have Tony driving out to Simi Valley from headquarters downtown in 52 minutes. Everyone knows, at that hour of the day, it only takes 10 minutes, 13 if there’s heavy traffic.

Not once in your script did you have anyone say, “Just let me do my job!” I almost didn’t recognize it as a “24”.

When Jack calls Michelle and says, “Get me those coordinates now or 10,000,000 people will die!” you don’t need Michelle answering, “I know. I’m not a ****ing moron. You told me that three times already!”

When the CTU staff learns that Jack’s daughter Kim has been kidnapped you have them all cheering. I don’t think they would do that. They would merely smile knowingly to each other.

And finally, I didn’t find your jeopardy –- Jack trying to prevent Hurricane Katrina -- plausible. Better to stick with crazed foreigners who bought nuclear weapons on ebay and plan to blow up the world because they couldn’t get a parking space at the Grove. Always think realism!

Thank you again for your submission. Although it is wildly uneven and stretches credibility far beyond what any audience would accept I am forwarding it to PRISON BREAK.

Funny and true! Still love the show though.

Me being in FroggyLand still, I can tell you that we love the 24 show, I myself bought the seasons 1-2-3 box set for 99€, I also have the season 4 complete on dvd-rw for now thanks to my home dvd-recorder when available on sat :)
The season 4 is already available on dvd in stores here for a few weeks now, but thre's no french track nor subs on it and my wife doesn't speak English, so have to wait... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back