2100 &2700 RAM???

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
2100 &2700???

if there is a chip of 2100 speed ddr ram in and anouther one of 2700 will it work and will they run at different speeds or run at the slowest one??

would think if they work together ...the fast one would run at the speed of the slowest

It will run at the slowest one, 2100 (266mhz). You could of course try and overclock the 2100 to run at 2700. If you have good quality memory this might be easy enough.

so at least it will work, GOOD lol at the moment i am stuck with 128 and i need more and i have a very limited about of cash, so good and thankd everyone for the info

Originally posted by jumpy
It will run at the slowest one, 2100 (266mhz). You could of course try and overclock the 2100 to run at 2700. If you have good quality memory this might be easy enough.

didn't realise individual banks of memory could be oc'd to work @ higher clocks...

would be an interesting notion though for mobo makers to lock individual banks to allow for better oc's :)

Maybe I'm wrong though. I would think he could just set the memory as 333mhz, and if his 266mhz memory could handle those speeds it would run fine. Its not an individual bank working at a higher clock, both at 333mhz, but one is just overclocked to do that speed.

I don't know really, maybe I'm very wrong :D

Maybe I'm wrong though. I would think he could just set the memory as 333mhz, and if his 266mhz memory could handle those speeds it would run fine. Its not an individual bank working at a higher clock, both at 333mhz, but one is just overclocked to do that speed.

I don't know really, maybe I'm very wrong :D

like I said I am no sure either :) hence you may be right lol...

This is same as trying to send 133mhz into a 100mhz stick its not right ...... you could run the 2700 at 2100 but other way around you risk screwing that 2100 stick ...... ram is backwards compatible is most cases ....... I would set the 2100 as the #1 stickand set the settings in bios to auto detect ram settings .... this should set all the slots to same settings .......

I don't think you'll screw the memory. The memory just won't have enough time to deliver data before the next request is made which will effectively stop the computer from working until you set it right.

And maybe, if it's really good memory with wide timing margins they may be wide enough to cope with the higher clock speed. Maybe.

Wow, that would have to be pretty damn good memory! A 33% overclock! To get that quality of PC2100 memory, you'd probably be paying as much if not more than a normal stick of PC2700.

Mushkin 2100 Level 2 should be able to do it with some extra volts. But yes, you might as well get cheap brand 2700 for around the same price, but where's the fun in that? ;)

Mushkin 2100 Level 2 should be able to do it with some extra volts. But yes, you might as well get cheap brand 2700 for around the same price, but where's the fun in that? ;)

Well, yeah I guess so :)

But, judging by the original poster's previous comment saying he was short on cash, I don't think that "fun" is in the equation. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back