200gb Hdd?

no there was no booklet that came and well i'll just give u the info that I know about my comp

ECS L7s7A2 mobo, 512mb ram, amd athlon XP 2500+ barton core, geforce 4 TI 4600 128mb ram. all of wich is 1 yr old this month and my bios does see the 200gb

Then simply upgrade your Windows 2000 to the latest Service Pack. SP4 is the latest one for 2000, I think. If that doesn't support drives 132GB drives either, consider upgrading to Windows XP SP1 or higher. :)

i do have the new service pack and I am Not going to Windows XP SP1 not to be rude or anything but I despise XP thank u for the reply though

X-Istence said:
I would personally not mind a 200 GB drive for storage, my 80 GB is starting to look mighty small if you catch my drift.

my 40GB is lookin small.. lol

I have an IBM SATA 200 gig in my main PC, an External 200 Gig USB 2.0/Firewire drive and I just put a 200 gig IDE drive in my X-box. No problems with any of them so far.

-Wrath

i never knew that u could put a harddrive in an xbox.... well... come to think of it i dont have an xbox either:( .. any way hey thats pretty cool. and have fun

i wanna get the 1.6terrabyte harddrive by lacie, 1,999 dollars though(last time i checked i think) who wants to pitch in? hehe

themafia_69 said:
i wanna get the 1.6terrabyte harddrive by lacie, 1,999 dollars though(last time i checked i think) who wants to pitch in? hehe
You would want 2 of course .. so you can back all that up. :)

hi agn

wow 1.6 terra what ya tryn to do save DVD's on em which isnt a bad idea really. I have. wow i havnt been here for a while. nice slug pic:nervous:

HMMMmmmm thread woke up for something odd - but whaqt did you get? Or did you not? was it anything like this one

down side...hmmm you wont be able to store 300gb on it :D 200gb is good enough, my 120 is almost full

ya i finnaly got 1 200gb hd i have just knowticed on pricewatch.com that you can get a 250gb for $113 U.S. i have linux mandrake on a portion of it and all ranma 1/2 files and games and ROMS for most of the OLD games.. some work some dont . my HD is a western digital 2000BB-00gauo runs nice and quiet. and is very reliable for right now. man can u hold alot of dvd movies if u figure that each dvd is a bout 4gb (approximation). the thread came to live from an e-mail i recieved just tday. Thought i better check it out i see it didnt get to far.

I has got 600Gb of storage on server I built for work. :sneaky: RAID 0 SATA.

I am only using 100Gb of my 240Gb though. I suffered with a 40 for a couple of years, backing up older files to CD-R.

I'm about to upgrade to this hard drive. Hope it doesn't fill up as fast as my 120GB did. This will be my first SATA. Anything I should know about installation, guys?

vivid

I now haev 3 200 gig hard drives and I wouldn't part with them.

I have one 120GB and one 160GB, both are almost full!

:) I want to get three Hitachi 400GBs; two for use and one for critical backup.

sraycoz said:
just dont put your c: on it if you formate alot.. windows only sees 132 gigs i think and you have to do a few trhings diffrent that make it a bit longer in formating.

i love my 250..

Windows XP SP1 and higher recognizes larger drives (48-bit LBA) by default. Windows XP RTM has a registry trick that Microsoft talks about, but they also claim it isn't foolproof.

Melon

This will be my first SATA. Anything I should know about installation, guys?

Yeah, be sure to have your raid drivers on floppies standing by. If you have a nice new MB then the installation should be.... "should" be easy. If you have a older SATA capable MB then it might take some more work. But just keep those drivers around... and if you cant figure out why windows wont detect it try creating a raid 0 array (with the SATA drive.. single drive) then it should work. Just letting you know in case that problem comes up. With my first SATA drive it took me close to 5 hours to figure that one out. :p

Anyway, I have dual WD 74GB 10k drives.... and its sweet. Totally worth the 400 bucks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back