• Soltek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tul

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Ok I and no doubt others are confounded by the amount of boards that are out there, so i thought what better way than having a poll of your mobo's (no i siad mobo not mojo, of which i have plenty, being english and all haha:laugh: ).

So in the poll above select which maker you think is the best, and then post the mobo you own with model and the pros and any cons you have with the board and if possible the price, Also include the socket type as well.

The winner gets, well a warm handshake and merry christmas.

Last edited:
*waits for the poll to show up* ;)

There it is.

Casting my vote.

hey muzi, let us know what board you have with pros and cons as well as price. thanks for the vote.

Well I've got a Mac now so it won't really apply. I've had good experience with ASUS boards, which is why I chose it. I've had a bad experience with MSI and my brother had bad luck with a Gigabyte, otherwise those two would have also been in the running for my vote.

I can't recommend a current model because I don't have experience with them. My vote was based on perceived manufacturing quality based on past experience. :)

Agree with Muzi on ASUS. I like my 533FSB, and besides some minor issues with the onboard LAN - it's been solid for 3 years, 3 months.

what socket was that master?

Voted for ASUS, mainly based on my experience with my old desktop that's now being used by my parents.

It's an ASUS P3B-f board (Slot 1 Pentium III) and it's been running for about 7 years now. Very solid board with some great features for its time.

My new desktop which I built in November has an ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe board (Socket 939 AMD64) and although I haven't really had a chance to use the system much yet (it's at home, will be bringing it back in January), it looks like another good, reliable board and has received good reviews everywhere.

well it looks like asus is ahead right now!

I was just looking at their boards on newegg, pretty good reviews there.

Asus P4B 266C, P4C-800E, P4S-800, P4P-800 I think..

All built by me all running like scalded dawgs...

My P4C-800E DELUXE is what I use...

i vote asus

there is a reason they are the biggest motherboard supplier in the world, the sell the best motherboards

i have a a8n sli deluxe

pros: every option you can get , fast, reliable, looks goodstable and a good overclocker

cons:had to switch out the chipset fan(replacement was free but it was a hassel) cost me $170 when i bought it

I voted Asus, I have owned a few of their boards through the years and never had a issue with any of them. Great boards!

iceman7311 said:
cons:had to switch out the chipset fan(replacement was free but it was a hassel) cost me $170 when i bought it

Same here, but that new chipset fan is a lot better then the old one... it doesnt scream like the old one did.

i always go with asus. i have tried the others at work but i seem to have less problems with asus. all my my personal servers at home are asus and never had an issue.

You know i really didn't know asus was so big, good to know.

Keep them coming.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back