2004, Norton or something else??

Engineer

OSNN Addict
It's that time again when I decide whether I move from Norton 2003 to NIS 2004. Or do I move elsewhere to another IS, Antivirus program. I am hesitant moving to NIS 2004 as I have heard quite a few negative things about it.

Any suggestions?
Engineer

Keep in mind that whatever I switch to has to be offered retail as I am on 56K dial up (with no high speed options available where I live) and could not download any other antivirus pgms if that's the only way they are available.

Thanks
Engineer

I'd suggest to sticking with Norton Systemworks 2003, NIS2003.
Or, swap NIS 2003 with McAfee Internet Security v5. V5 allows you to configure popups for individual websites.

for firewalls either
sygate pro firewall v5.5 or Outpost 2.1

for antivirus, there really is only one ;)
Esset NOD32 Antivirus

use anything EXCEPT norton.. and youl be a LOT safer

_kC_ said:
for firewalls either
sygate pro firewall v5.5 or Outpost 2.1

for antivirus, there really is only one ;)
Esset NOD32 Antivirus

use anything EXCEPT norton.. and youl be a LOT safer

I find that Norton picks up more things than most other AVs.

In this month's Maximum PC, AVG got a higher rating than Norton and McAfee

Norton is definitely better than McAfee.. from my experience.
Maybe McAfee's changed their method of detection since I last used their AV.

Ming said
I find that Norton picks up more things than most other AVs.

then your a total muppet :)

NOD32 wins its world record 25th VB100 award !!!
02/10/2004

With yet another "clean sweep" of every virus in every category, NOD32 retains its championship title as the only antivirus program in the world that has never missed an In the Wild virus in a Virus Bulletin test!
http://www.nod32.com/news/awards.htm

Eset Software blocks new computer worm without update
01/20/2004

Virus Win32/Bagle.A Is No Threat to NOD32 Users
http://www.nod32.com/about/press.htm

Ming u talk about norton???? lol
well just so ya know esset kicks its ass in every respect..
1. caught msblast/netsky etc without definition updates
2. Faster scan engine (9mb sec)
3. Lower Sys resources
4. More VB100 pass's than norton

there is no competition with norton and esset nod32..
whats the point in having a virus scanner that cant detect new virus's? how many Norton users got infected with MSblast??? every one of em (unless a decent firewall running too)

:rolleyes:

AVG or Trend Micro
Zone Alarm Pro
:)

I've switched from NAV to AVG after it has successfully found trojans after an updated NAV has failed to do so in the last 5 PC's I've worked on. NIS basically sucks. Its buggy, resource intensive, and overall unreliable.

I use AVG 7 Pro and would use Sygate for a firewall. NSW is completely useless now, it has no features that work on XP. The defrag tool does less than the built in one. I wouldn't touch its system utilities. I did like the earlier NSW versions for the 9x systems, but for XP its garbage.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back